Little Girls

When is it okay to paint a little girls nails. I am a nail bitter and I would like to teach my DD that isnt okay. That your nails are to be pretty.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:37 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would say around 3 or 4. But I really dont know. I know that they tell parents of twins to paint at least one nail so you can tell them apart.
    streetmama

Answer by streetmama at 1:38 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I have painted my dd nails since she was 2 i also sometimes take her with me to get her nails done when i get mine done and she loves it
    princessemilie

Answer by princessemilie at 1:41 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• As a mom of two boys who gets her nail done I'm jealous. I think it's so cute to have little girls nails done every once in a while.
    elainecat

Answer by elainecat at 1:43 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I started at two :). She is three now and always asks me to paint her nails. I just blow dry each hand and foot after I do it so she doesn't run around and mess them up.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 1:46 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I woudl say 2 also..When my daughter gets that age i will deff be doing it lol
    gracie43008

Answer by gracie43008 at 1:51 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I would hold off on polish until she's no longer putting her hands in her mouth.
    I think you'd be better off trying to stop the biting yourself and be a positive role model for her that way (especially if she's not yet picked up the habit).
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 2:14 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Well I have been trying to quit for years. I is habit I dont even know I am doing it.
    Anonymous

• If you really want to paint her nails and worry about the chemicals.... Go to the kids dress up section at walmart and buy one of those little kid make up kits that has nail polish in it. It is a safer version of nail polish that I allow on my dd nails. I won;t put adult stuff on there till she starts school
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 2:35 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I did my daughter's toenails at a year, and ever since. If she keeps her hands in her mouth still, I'd hold off on the fingernails, but if she's not teething and chewing her fingers anymore, I'd say whenever.
    Tiffa-Knee

Answer by Tiffa-Knee at 3:37 PM on Feb. 18, 2009