How many weeks before i can find out the gender of my baby? and at what week should i expect kicking?

I am 14wks preggo at this point (yay) and 2 things i am anxiously looking forward to is finding out the gender and experiencing the kicking...what week should i be looking forward to these 2 events?

CollegeMommy89

Asked by CollegeMommy89 at 9:35 AM on Jul. 15, 2013 in Pregnancy

• When's your next ultrasound? Have them tell you the gender. So long as baby is cooperating they'll be able to tell. (This is often done at the 16 week point when you get the ultrasound.) As for baby kicking. Depends how in tune you are with your body but generally anywhere from 16 weeks on though for first time mommies it can be as late as 22 weeks
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:39 AM on Jul. 15, 2013

• kicking should start any day now. You can try laying on your left side and drinking something sweet or cold. That usually starts baby moving. Most doctor do an ultrasound anywhere from 16-24 weeks with the average being 20 weeks (half way through the typical 40 week gestation.). If baby cooperates you should be able to see the gender.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:26 AM on Jul. 15, 2013

• When the kicking starts. You will wish it would stop before the baby is born. My kids kicked so hard it mad me jump.

Answer by louise2 at 11:17 AM on Jul. 15, 2013

• My Dr.s told me they don't like to try to tell the gender before 18-20 weeks. As for kicking, I really don't recall when I started to feel that with either of mine.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:18 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• I had an ultrasound at about 24 weeks that showed the gender, but I think it could have been done earlier. As to the kicking, I believe it was in the fourth month or so.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:12 PM on Jul. 15, 2013