Has anyone tried a smoothie from a restaurant?

We don't have a robeks here (I miss it, because their smoothies taste awesome and they are healthy- nothing but the fruit, veggies, yogurt, and protein, no added ice or sugar) Wondering if smoothies from mcdonalds' or (not sure who else has smoothies!) anywhere else would be worth trying. I do make them at home, but would LOVE to find a place for a quickie.happy

txdaniella

Asked by txdaniella at 10:26 AM on Jul. 15, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• Panera Bread (if there's one near you) has good smoothies. Just the fruit puree, a couple scoops of yogurt and a small scoop of ice.
    katinthehat8914

Answer by katinthehat8914 at 1:44 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• mcdonalds has a pineapple mango one, it tastes good but I bet it has TONS of sugar and is juice based. If you have a Panera near you theirs would be better. We're lucky and have a stand in the mall with fresh fruit that make them custom order they are fantastic! Not a chain which is great to support too.
    LoveBuggsMommie

Answer by LoveBuggsMommie at 11:04 AM on Jul. 15, 2013

• I tried twice to post a part of this and CM is saying it's too much...UGH

SO... have a link instead

http://www.thatsfit.com/2010/07/14/mcdonalds-smoothies-more-calories-than-a-cheeseburger/

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:56 AM on Jul. 15, 2013

• Panera bread and Dairy Queen have great smoothies!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 4:17 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

• No, although I don't really drink smoothies. DD got one from DQ, but it was mostly just juice, fruit and ice I think. I have bought smoothies from health food stores and those were really good. Other than that, no, not really.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:14 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• Do you have Jamba Juice where you live? Their smoothies are tasty and also healthy.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:10 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• Jamba juice is good but not as healthy as u think all their liquid is juice based and has added sugars. i think the best smoothies are home made. Inside of juice u can use coconut almond or rice milk. (these have more calcium then cows milk) I use Chocolate almond milk for my kids they love it. Don't for get to add ur veggies in there Spinach is the best its water based so u don't taste it but it has lots of vits
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 5:37 PM on Jul. 15, 2013