Am I just an unsreasonable snob?

Why is my brother's latest girlfriend driving me crazy? Sometimes I think "well she's nice," or "maybe she's just trying." But mostly lately I just want to scream. She is so obnoxious! Trying too hard with my parents, taking credit for caring for their elderly dog that's recovering from surgery even though I handle the appointments, shifts to make sure he's care for between them, my husband and myself. She is only helping because she is staying at my parents rent and care free. I don't want credit for caring for the dog, he's family, but it just drives me crazy that she's on facebook about it and contacting my mom constantly. Then she calls and reminds me with appointments, that I made, and she has the date and or time wrong. All the while my brother hadn't worked for a year, and she is barely working, and now they're expecting a baby. Not to mention she acts like she's the first person to ever be pregnant. Maybe I just need to vent, but maybe someone has advice for me so I can not be so bothered by her/this situation?

LoveBuggsMommie

Asked by LoveBuggsMommie at 10:35 AM on Jul. 15, 2013 in Relationships

• You're not being a snob. Your bother is being an idiot. Unfortunately your soon-to-be niece or nephew will pay the price.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:39 AM on Jul. 15, 2013

• No your not being a snob. This girl needs to grow up & remember that it's your family. Maybe have a talk with your Mom or her I wouldn't say anything to your brother because he sounds head over heals for her "tricks"
    Also with your brother & his girlfriend not working they are taking BIG advantage of the situation & being enabled by others.
    They need to grow up, get a job & realize that you can also take care of family matters.
    mom1767

Answer by mom1767 at 10:39 AM on Jul. 15, 2013

• Sounds like you don't really like her that much. Are you feeling threatened by her in some way? It's ok to vent but also you have to think about why your feeling this way. And that part only you can answer. good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 10:40 AM on Jul. 15, 2013

• Sooner or later everyone involved will see her true colors. Lay low and do not alienate your family members. Stay calm, be honest, and be truthful in all interactions. Be the better person. She might change big time eventually and you don't want bad things said in the meantime. GL

silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 10:43 AM on Jul. 15, 2013

• women with him are always temporary. He is finally working again, but already has a child, and he's had a couple wives, none lead to permanency which I think was her goal. She's had a crush on him since they were kids, and the fact she's having my niece or nephew I do feel bad for her that things aren't necessarily going to go as planned. I've thought about if I feel threatened, and the closest I think that comes to being the case is I don't want to get excited for a niece or nephew, or get close to someone again and hurt myself or my kids. Maybe I'm judging her on past experiences, which isn't fair to her. So I keep trying to stop, but I hold a full time job a house, kids, dogs, husband, and I don't need her reminders throwing my routine off. Unlike my brother I can manage my life and don't need someone to do it for me. Especially not someone I feel should be working more now to provide for that baby.
    LoveBuggsMommie

Comment by LoveBuggsMommie (original poster) at 10:49 AM on Jul. 15, 2013

• Sounds to me like this is your parents problem. Sense they live with them and not you.

Answer by louise2 at 11:06 AM on Jul. 15, 2013

• maybe that's the biggest part of my problem, my parents don't live their it's their cottage retreat and it's been taken over but yes I suppose that is my parents issue if they have one.
    LoveBuggsMommie

Comment by LoveBuggsMommie (original poster) at 11:10 AM on Jul. 15, 2013

• vent away
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:44 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• Jealous that they don't work and get their needs met for free? Not saying you want that life but that could be it. If it is her first child and she doesn't know much about pregnancy then yeah she is going to be talking a lot about it.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:11 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• So stop helping with the dog and make her deal with it. It will be great training for her to have to keep appointment times and things like that in order. After all, the baby will have to go to a pediatrician several times in the first year for checkups and well visits.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:07 PM on Jul. 15, 2013