Red Robin waitress vent

We went yesterday for lunch. We were there the minute they opened at 11
We were seated and the waitress came over and took our drink order. We picked up the menus,and took a peek. She was back with our sodas literally within a minute. She asks if we're ready to order. I gave her a WTH look,and said no,we'd need a few minutes. She was back in 2 minutes,no shit. She asks again if we're ready to order. By this time,we've been seated 5 minutes. I tell her no,we haven't decided yet,and I'm thinking does she think it's a good idea to keep asking us so quickly?? We're lucky to go there maybe twice a year,and they've changed the menu since we were there back in September.(Not that she knows this) So we figure we better decide quickly. Our food comes,she's asks if there's anything else,we say no. She's back 30 seconds later to ask us if it's ok,do we need anything Sigh..About 10 minutes pass,she comes back, once again asks us if we need anything. I ask my husband if he wants another soda,he says yes,so I tell her,"I guess two more Dr Peppers" She makes this grunt sound,and walks away. She doesn't return for 20 minutes,gives us our bill,and says,"oh,looks like you need more soda" and walks away.She brings them,but we're all done eating. We were one of her 3 tables.
I don't know what was up with her. ADD or something?
So,do you have any stories?

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 11:05 AM on Jul. 15, 2013 in Just for Fun

• This happens to me a lot. I get annoyed when they give me less than a minute to decide what I want from the menu and come back every minute after when I say I'm not ready yet. I can't recall anything really obnoxious ever happening to me in a restaurant.

The part about her grunting when you said yes to refills after she asked if you wanted any is off putting. Especially after she never brings them and then gets them when you're done and don't want them.
    Nos4

Answer by Nos4 at 12:19 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• Uh...sounds like she was trying to do her job. People usually crab about the wait staff not being attentive enough
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:10 AM on Jul. 15, 2013

• Everything except the grunting sounds like she was either just new and trying really hard, or maybe (since you mentioned you were there right when they opened) trying to look busy? Or even actually be busy. Even the grunting...any chance she stubbed her toe when she went to move away, or something like that? I don't know, I like to try to give the benefit of the doubt, and especially since she attentive (even if too much so) rather than ignoring you.

I do hate how they always seem to come back to find out if everything's okay when you have a mouthful of food, though. lol
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 12:24 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• Just sounds like she's new & eager to do her job. I wouldn't complain, I'd rather have a over attentive waitress then one who ignores us.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 11:41 AM on Jul. 15, 2013

• We have had the sae thing happen in other restruants. They bother the hell out of you. Then when you really want them you can not find them. That is a no tip on my part. I want the waits taff to pay attention to what I need.

Answer by louise2 at 11:11 AM on Jul. 15, 2013

• I really don't have any stories. But, Sounds like she was doing what she needed to do. Except she missed the mark if she grunts when you said more drinks. I would of said did you want any desert or just the sodas and came back right away.but easier said then done sometimes. I give waiters and waitress alot of credit it's a hard job and I always try to keep that in mind when i go out.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 11:43 AM on Jul. 15, 2013

• Sounds like she was new, I know that's how I was my first week or so when I was a waitress. At least she was asking rather than ignoring you the whole time (Which I know some people do prefer)
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:45 AM on Jul. 15, 2013

• She was being a good waitress. Many people come in often and know pretty much what they want.
    Many people would be unhappy if they were ready to order and the waitress did not come back in that length of time.
    Giving her a WTH look does not seem like a friendly way to interact with you waitress. JMO
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:34 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• New waitress trying to make a good impression is what it sounds like. When I get one like this I simply say could you come back in 10 minutes for the order and we'll know by then what we want. We're not in a rush. After delivering the food and she checks back I'll tell her it's great and if you want stop back in 15 and we'll see if we need anything else.

I've also flat out talked to the waitress when we're done and told her what she did right and what she did wrong so the next time it's better.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:20 AM on Jul. 15, 2013

• I've seen these at some restaurants....flag thingys for whenever you are ready to order/need something. They need to implement something like this to help the wait staff.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 12:19 PM on Jul. 15, 2013