Would you still watch your nephew?

My brother in law asked me to watch his son Monday through Friday and some Saturdays. Well on Friday and today he did not bring his son over. That is okay that he took his son to work with him. But our problem is that he did not call to let us know that his son will not be here.

Would you tell him to find someone else to watch his kid?

edit

I dont mind watching him.  He is a great kid. He use to call or text to let me know that he will not be bringing him.  :Yes he dose pay me for watching his son. Because he said I should not be doing it for free.  That is why he pays me 120 a week.  His son use to be in daycare but his ex has not been paying her half of daycare fees. So that is why he is not in daycare anymore. 

BOOGIETHEBOOG

Asked by BOOGIETHEBOOG at 11:55 AM on Jul. 15, 2013 in Relationships

• I would remind him to call if he is not going to bring him.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:59 AM on Jul. 15, 2013

• No, I would tell him to let me know when he is not bringing him...

Answer by older at 11:59 AM on Jul. 15, 2013

• I would still offer to watch him but remind him that you would appreciate a call to know they aren't coming. This sounds like my brother, I always call after about 30 minutes to make sure they are ok and haven't been in an accident.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:05 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• Men can be thoughtless. Tell him that you would appreciate a call as early as he knows he will not be dropping off his son, as you might like to make plans of your own when that happens.
    Is he paying you to care for his son?
    If he is paying you for six days a week he really does not have to since he has paid for the time, but it is the courteous thing to do.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:26 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• Just ask him to give you a call if he isn't going to be dropping the child off, so you know not to worry.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 12:28 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• I would just let him know to call you next time. If he does it again with no notice, I would reconsider telling him you can't watch his kid anymore.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 12:40 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• Not if you are okay with watching him, just let your brother in law know that you were waiting for him and if he's not going to bring him to jsut let you know, so you don't worry or wonder what is going on
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:45 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• No I think you are jumping the gun.. Tell him to call if he is not going to bring him.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 12:49 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• Are you looking for a reason to not watch him?

Just talk to your brother about it.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:30 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• No, I would simply ask that he give you a schedule of when he intends to have his son at your house. If he does not give you a schedule then feel free to make your own plans.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:03 PM on Jul. 15, 2013