My son is turning 7 in September and his dad texted me starting drama because he wants to go to our sons birthday party and wants to have his whole family there. I told him he cannot go for multiple reasons.

The first reason is he is very disrespectful to my family, and I am not going to not invite my family so him and his family can go. My family usually minds their own business him and his family are the ones who do the provoking.

And then two he wants to pitch in no money for the party, he main reason is the families don't get along and it will cause chaos. I offered that he can have him during the day or another day and can throw his own party...Is this fair?

Asked by AAP1988 at 3:43 PM on Jul. 15, 2013 in General Parenting

• He doesn't need to be at yours. He can have a party for your son at another time. The ex and I have always done separate parties.

Answer by kmath at 3:55 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• yeah, I don't know why you couldn't have separate parties. That's what I would do.

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:59 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• He can throw his own party. Do not provide him with ANY details of what you are planing for your son.

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 4:04 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• Is this fair?
    am I wrong?

what do you all think
    Is this a bad parent in your opinion?

I am confused as to why you keep asking our opinions and never seem to have one of your own
    We would thouroughly enjoy knowing what you thought about anything.

Answer by feralxat at 4:11 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• Yes, it's fair. Why expose your son to needless, avoidable conflict, and on his birthday, no less? The day is about him.

Answer by Ballad at 4:38 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• Work out something so your son can enjoy his birthday with both families.

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:45 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• tell him he can throw a party at his house with his family.

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 5:28 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• absolutely....same in my case....separate them as much as possible..

Answer by leo1977 at 9:30 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• Yes it's fair AND it's a good idea.

2 families + 1 party = 2 x the hassle
    2 families + 2 parties = 2x the fun

Answer by goldpandora at 3:47 AM on Jul. 16, 2013

• Virginia-Yes I did work out something I offered him time on his birthday after the party, and any day that he wants to have his own party.

Comment by AAP1988 (original poster) at 6:21 AM on Jul. 16, 2013