Am I pregnant?

Imagine if you will you are a scared teenager who's birth control just failed or an excited woman that is TTC...You find an awesome website where you think you can find some support because you have no one else to go to...Yes you know that you should just take a test but just want a little encouragment to help get your head straight....So you ask the question " Am I pregnant?" and you get a bunch of smarass comments from anonymous poster telling you to pee on your keyboard...Everyone of these questions I have seen so far on here clearly state what the question is but still we feel the need to be sarcastic. I think if ya don't like the question don't read it...imagine how you would feel if it were you. We are all mother or mothers to be...What could it possibly hurt to be nice to each other and if you can't be just move on...anyway that's my vent for the day. Thanks.

Carli26

Asked by Carli26 at 1:43 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• LOL!
    Anonymous

• I understand what you are saying, but these people aren't looking for encouragement, they want to know if they are pregnant. The simple answer is to take a test, no one on here can tell you that answer. If it is someone looking for advice or help because they are scared or excited then they will get that.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 1:46 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• That's why cafemom started the "commonly asked" area.. So those people can look at what other women with the same Q . How there's were Answered.

Answer by louise2 at 1:50 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• i know..chalk it up to pregnancy hormones or something...I'm in a mood today...But really it doesn't hurt anyone when the questions can so easily be ignored.
    Carli26

Answer by Carli26 at 1:52 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• LOL if I was a scared teenager I wouldnt be looking on cafemom Id be looking at how I could get a ride to the health dept to get tested. I mean seriously. If you had unprotected sex then you could be pregnant. No one on any web site can help you determine that. So yea telling them to pee on their keyboard is about as much as anyone can offer. We arent doctors. If they cant figure out how to pee on a stick then they have bigger problems.
    Anonymous

• Thank you for your post. I agree with you 100%.
    Anonymous

• i totally agree with you.
    myangel21

Answer by myangel21 at 2:03 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Obviously those who ask this question are really asking is it possible. Is this a sign, or is that a sign. Whoever asks this question knows that we can't say yes you are pregnant because your boobs hurt, or because you are nauseas. I think these women just want either a reasurance that they are or arent. Simple as that. Everyone knows that if you have unprotected sex that its a possibility. I know when I first got pregnant w/ my second I had different symptoms than w/ my first, I went and asked if that was a sign, because it was something that was very odd for me to have. I never got bashed, but that was on a different site. And yes I was pregnant. Women know their bodies, and what is normal for them. But when something is different they wonder if they are pregnant or not. Ok, I'm done, jmo.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 2:22 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• If the really wanted an answer they could go to WEBMD.COM. And look it up.

Answer by louise2 at 9:02 PM on Feb. 18, 2009