Is there something in the water in Fla.??

In 1980, 4 Miami-Dade police officers are acquitted of the murder of Arthur McDuffie.
In 1982, Samuel Little, serial killer, is acquitted of the rape and murder of Patricia Ann Mount.
In 2011, Casey Anthony was acquitted of the murder of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee.
Now, in 2013, George Zimmerman is acquitted of the murder of an unarmed teenager.
In 1982, Larry Mann WAS convicted of the rape and murder of 10-year-old Elisa Nelson, was sentenced to death. It took 33 years--in spite of the Fla. governor signing the death sentence--for the sentence to be carried out.

Florida claims (according to the SunSentinal) to lead the nation in executing murderers. Yet these people managed to avoid it, completely or for decades. What is with this state? Why are they letting some murderers go and executing others? Race is part of it but not all. Samuel Little is a black man and is back in Fla. for even more killings after being acquitted. What on earth are those hurricanes depositing in the water? Justice is never guaranteed, I guess.

witchqueen

Asked by witchqueen at 6:07 PM on Jul. 15, 2013 in Religion & Beliefs

• A friend of mine posted last night that we should all get our saws and just saw Florida off and let it float away.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 8:56 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• They are called "bath salts" and it is a synthetic drug that causes some whacked out crazy shit to happen. It's also the future site of the impending zombie apocalypse.

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:45 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• It certainly seems like it, doesn't it?

IDK, but I've always considered Florida to be the weirdest state in the US.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 6:12 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• well im a floridian so you'll have to excuse my ignorance but the jurors make the decision and are they all from florida? i honestly dont know lol
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:14 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• the reason i ask is because with casey anthony & george zimmerman's trials- they were so sensationalized by the media im sure they found it difficult to find unbiased jurors, so i thought they had to branch out to find those people.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:21 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• I'm honestly not sure what it is. It's almost like the standards that need to be met vary from trial to trial. I mean, the woman that just got 20 years for firing a warning shot is a good example. Granted, her story is more in-depth than the media is portraying but 20 years? And a jury that deliberated for 13 minutes? And there wasn't even a death there.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 6:33 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• Just hit them all with that nasty dihydrogen monoxide that's so prevalent in Florida. That'll fix em.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:31 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• "It's almost like the standards that need to be met vary from trial to trial"

I should clarify....I mean vary from trial to trial for the same charge
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 6:38 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• Drat! Bath salts AGAIN!
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 6:49 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• Who were the jurors? I think this makes a huge difference. But I was astonished by the Casey Anthony case. Good question.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:59 PM on Jul. 15, 2013