Does anyone get SSI for Bipolar?

Was it a long, drawn out process? Or did it go smoothly? I am bipolar with borderline personality disorder and need advice. Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:46 PM on Jul. 15, 2013 in Money & Work

• Your medical records will be key. I mean, KEY. Make sure your doctor has experience with doing his part of the paperwork and records submission
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 7:02 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• And this is what is wrong with our system. Please change it Congress!
    Anonymous

• It's going to be a process, no matter what you have.

My daughter is half paralyzed from MS and she still got denied the last time she applied.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 6:52 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• I've worked with people who received SSI Disability and had your conditions. All I know is that they had to prove that they were not well enough/unfit/too unstable to work. But, not everyone who is Bipolar is considered too unstable to hold down a job.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 6:56 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• For your information I have worked 20 years and am no longer able to work. It was not something I wanted to do or took lightly.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:52 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• I know a guy who gets a SSI disability check. He is Bipolar, well I know he has mental issues. He has to work at the Goodwill in order to keep the check.

Answer by louise2 at 6:58 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• I know, I had a major breakdown at work, lost my job and my doctor is pushing for it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:58 PM on Jul. 15, 2013