Have you ever been hassled by police for a hilarious or BS reason?

My friend and I were just reminiscing
When we were about 23,we went for a bike ride at about 11 at night
We ended up in the college area. I am not that familiar with the roads in that area,and accidentally ended up on a one way street that is 1 short block long. When I realized that I was on the wrong side of the street,I quickly got up on the sidewalk,but caught the notice of a campus cop that was driving by. I see him do a U turn in the middle of the street,and come up behind me and he yelled out for me to "pull over". LOL,I was on the sidewalk! He gets out of the car,all puffed up like a peacock and starts firing off questions to me. Who was I? Where was I going? Did I not see that the street I was on was 1 way? Did I WANT to cause an accident?
Meanwhile,my friend is a half block up watching this,and laughing her ass off. :)
He tells me to get the smirk off my face,do I WANT him to call in the city cops??
My friend pulls up and asks him what's going on,and he gets all sassy with her too.
He finally tells us that he'll let us off with a warning this time,and that we should consider ourselves lucky.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 7:12 PM on Jul. 15, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I was pulled over when I was 21 for being involved in a drive by shooting... two cop cars stop me late one night on the way home from work with sirens, lights, and the whole, "step out of the car with your hands over your head" thing. I was thinking, 'what the fuck, these guys are fucking insane!'

Turns out my car matched the description of the vehicle involved in a drive by shooting 5 blocks from where they pulled me over. I was kind of snarky when they told me. I was like, yeah you're right, a tiny little white girl pulled off a drive by all by her little self.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 8:14 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• I hate cops! I got stopped once when I was 18 or so, sirens blaring and lights on, because I stuck my tongue out at a cop!

Answer by older at 7:33 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• i was 15
    it was super hot and the humidity was killer
    could not sleep, it was 4:45 am
    got on my bike (in my Pj's, Tshirt, shorts, no under clothing)
    and rode the bike up and down two streets to get some wind
    was pulled over
    in minutes had four cops cars, with LIGHTS ON!
    because it was after curfew, BUT it was 15 minutes before curfew was over!
    told cop, why i was two blocks from my house in pjs- IT IS HOT
    he took me in, placed my bike in his truck and was bragging about his new car, and how he had not used the trunk before now
    REALLY!
    cop shop, sitting in room, called my father, he had to come down and get me- he was PISSED- at cops not me

15 minutes before curfew, and cop did mention this fact to me
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:25 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• Sounds like some power hungry campus cop who couldn't cut it on the real police force. It takes all kinds {sigh}
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:27 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• To answer your question, about 11 yrs. ago, my husb's hair was longer. We got a call in the middle of night b/c his niece had broken down in a bad area of town & she was scared. We were on our way to get her when we got pulled over for no reason. I think it was hubby's long hair & that he threw on a hat (backwards) to cover his bed- head. The cop made up some lame story as to why he pulled us over & after checking us out, finally let us go. Profiling comes in all forms.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:30 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• I got arrested in Juarez when I was 16, for running an imaginary stop sign.

Then, I was married to a cop for forever. When he left me I got hassled a LOT. None of it was hilarious but 100% of it was BS lol
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 7:36 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• ..... I had also passed the kid when he was driving the opposite way on my way home, and gave them a description of the vehicle he was in. They left(I'm assuming to go talk to the kid) and never came back, not even to apologize to me for harassing me. This was all over about an hour and half of my time.

I was used to it though as the area that I grew up in(and my mother still lives) has higher crime then the surrounding areas, and the cops always treated me similar growing up and it wasn't the first I had been harassed.

For the record I didn't do it, though my husband still likes to tease me about it lol
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 8:39 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• I was 21 or 22, after a night at the club- a large group of us went to Denny's. When a friend and I went tho leave, I pulled out of the parking lot and made a right hand turn. I was immediately pulled over for not using a turn signal to do it. The thing was- there was a giant median in the middle of the road, so you could not turn left out of there. FINE, I didn't use a turn signal, just give me the ticket and let me go home...NOPE- he had another cp firend come out and join him then he made me get out of the car, asked how much I'd drank (I was not drunk- I had had 2 drinks HOURS earlier) told me he could smell it, then asked about the drugs...and what gang I was in (I was wearing all black- fishnets, pointy buckle boots a bit above ankle height, black to and a leather jacket) He made me take the jacket off and searched my arm for tracks.
    Finally, he gave me the ticket after deciding there was nothing else to get me for
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:58 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• When I was about 12 we lived in this condo complex with a lazy and obese "security" guard who drove around in a golf cart. The complex had small little brooks/fountains between the buildings so one boring summer day my friend and I decided to get a bottle of dish soap and squirt it into the fountains so they'd bubble. The "security" guard caught us and yelled so we ran, but he was too big to run, so to escape we'd jump over bushes while he'd get stuck trying to manuever his golf cart around them. Effing hilarious. Went on for a good 30 minutes before we ran to the local library and hid.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 10:04 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• About 5 years ago we were staying at my mothers house. We had just gotten back to her house after a day at the Bison range it was near dark. A little while later the cops show up telling me that the neighbor kid down the street(who my family had problems with since I was a child) called and said I slit his tires! I told them I had just gotten back perhaps an hour before hand, that I was with my husband etc.

They asked see all my shoes(footprints?) then they go look at the tires on our car, come back and ask me "What if I told you that your tires match the tracks at the scene?"(notice he said what if, because in that state it is illegal for an officer to lie about evidence to get a confession etc) I told him that it would be impossible as I wasn't anywhere the area. He then asks me "Then how does he know what you were wearing". I told him I wear a sweatshirt and jeans nearly everyday etc.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 8:36 PM on Jul. 15, 2013