Hopes and dreams?

My husband refuses to accept that I no longer have any hopes or dreams for myself. He doesn't understand that every hope/dream I've had has wound up a stinking pile of nothing at my feet. He has now been pushing me all afternoon for just one, and I keep telling him nothing.

What are your hopes and dreams for yourself?

Rosehawk

Asked by Rosehawk at 8:24 PM on Jul. 15, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Hope and dream? My DD's would except me for who I am. Stop telling me I am not good enough to be in their lives. Will never happen though.

Answer by louise2 at 8:33 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• Mine are that I get to see my grand child grow up and become a young woman with all my wits about me, to see my middle daughter have the baby she yearns for, and to see my son marry a good woman that will love him as much as I do.

Answer by older at 8:33 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• You've got to have something.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 8:34 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• No, I don't. Every time I've gotten excited about something, and really started emotionally investing in it, something huge blows up in my face and that, whatever it was, I was getting happy about, goes up in flames and doesn't happen.
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 8:37 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• I want to see my dd grow up to be a happy, successful woman doing something that she loves. And my dream for myself is to start an animal rescue organization and take in unwanted dogs and cats and find them a good, forever home.
    Nos4

Answer by Nos4 at 8:39 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• I know that feeling about hopes and dreams. I learned a long time ago to just try to be satisfied and happy with what comes my way because I try not to plan on anything. I'm happy with my life, I really am, but I'd rather deal with today than try to control tomorrow.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:50 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• Rosehawk, that is tragic. You cannot live the rest of your days like that. Seriously! Keep trying but start with something simple and work your way up.

I hope to move to the ocean and I dream about a job that I will one day find very satisfying!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 8:51 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• Short term, I want to lose weight and be able to run a 5K by the end of the year.
    In three years, I want to move away from this damned desert.
    I want to live out in the country where my son will have a pet chicken (he is so very excited about that).
    Long term, I want to live long enough to know my grandchildren.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:56 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• I want to see my grandchildren grow to be adults, I also would love to have a house on the beach.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 9:01 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• Rosehawk I agree with Jean, start simple and don't give up.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 9:02 PM on Jul. 15, 2013