Help?

They need a selection called Life or something. Bear with me please-you'll see as i go.
For the last month I have been taking a product called Plexus Slim, I feel better than I have in years. My energy is great, I can actually wake up in the morning feeling great about starting the day instead of crawling out of bed i jump basically. I sleep better, my apnea is gone, i've lost weight and inches and it's fantastic.

Here is where the problem is. I haven't has an easy life, not saying anyone's life is easy, but i've buried 2 children after successfully having my DD who is 5 now. Every time something goes well the show always drops, and it's usually a tragedy. With all of this good i'm feeling I have this thing in the back of my mind dragging me down. I feel terrible that I can't just feel good about my life right now.

Then, i got to thinking. I don't cry about it anymore. It's been 2 years, and I don't think i've cried enough over this time. I don't think i'm broken because generally i'm a pretty happy person just getting by with my emotions. I would be happy to think I was depressed because i could maybe take something to help with it all. It would be a little relief actually. But, I feel great with a little pull in my mind.

I don't know what to do, and I suppose I rather needed to say this than have a real question. But, do you think i'm broke? I talk about it, I explain it, I think about it.. But, it's not getting any easier than it is now, and over time these things are suppose to heal.. I am stuck-and I don't know what to do..

kbishop8688

Asked by kbishop8688 at 10:18 PM on Jul. 15, 2013 in Health

• I'm sorry that you've had this profound loss. I can't imagine you can time stamp grief. Sounds like you're afraid that when things go well, something bad lurks in the shadows. I really think it might be good to talk to someone (psychiatrist/psychologist) just to have a pro by your side to help you sort this out. I do NOT think you are broken, if anything, you are the opposite and that is quite a feat IMO.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:22 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• You sound strong to me, since you've managed to keep onkeeping on. But I agree, someone to talk to might be really good for you. Is there a support group in your area for grieving parents? Maybe ask at your local hospital for resources.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:04 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• No, you're not broke. But you do need to be talking to a counselor or clergyperson.

I also believe that whatever amount you cry is enough. You've been through a lot and you have a thicker skin than you once did. That doesn't make you broken, that makes you strong.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:36 PM on Jul. 15, 2013

• When I was younger My father needed to see a psychiatrist to help him prepare for what would happen as the disease progressed. Since I was involved mor that usual, I also had sessions with the doctor occasionally. I am a happy person. I always appeared content to everyone else but all of this was bottled up. I simple am unable to cry like other people. I have tear ducts and can cry if I am acting FYI. His advice was to mark days on the calendar for each emotion, a minimum of once each year. You allow yourself to fully give into the grief that you feel. To fully give in to joy and regret and peace and......
    It actually helps you to see and to deal with each aspect of your being and it helps you get past hurts and losses and resentments.
    The pain of loss never goes away but it is less in the front of your daily thoughts each day. This is the best you can hope for. That is strength not being broken, hugs.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:00 AM on Jul. 16, 2013

• If you have a tendency towards depression and/or anxiety, it's possible that the chromium in Plexus Slim might exacerbate that condition:

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-932-CHROMIUM.aspx?activeIngredientId=932&activeIngredientName=CHROMIUM

making you more likely to be depressed than you normally would.
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 2:02 AM on Jul. 16, 2013

• goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 2:03 AM on Jul. 16, 2013

• I think you are being very self absorbed. You need to do something productive that makes you feel good & stops you from thinking about the past. You only get one life & now is the time to live it. It sounds like you have a mental illness that needs to be addressed. You are wasting precious & healthy time in your life now living in the past. What happens when you are old and really sick? Get up now or regret it later. Do it for the child you have. I hate to say it but "snap out of it & move on". You get no medals for dragging a cross.
    Anonymous

• No I do not think you are broken, but you do need professional help to help carry the burden, obviously the anon above has no idea what some people go through after burying a child much less two! seek professional help, there is no shame in that..hugs..

Answer by older at 3:40 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

Thank you for that.. I've been through a depression kick once and this isn't it.. As I stated before, if I thought I was depressed I would feel a little better. As it stands, it's not something I think about, it's something that holds me back-always there in the back of my mind. Again, i feel great, but have this shadow in my mind. But, thank you.
    kbishop8688

Comment by kbishop8688 (original poster) at 6:32 PM on Jul. 16, 2013