Cheesecake didn't turn out....help me figure out why??

I attempted a cheesecake. It turned out ok, it was a little loose, it held together fine and tasted right but the texture was just softer then it should.

So do you think I;
A: Didn't bake it long enough(I baked it for 45 mins at 325)
B: Water got in somehow?
C: or some unknown reason to me lol

Trying to figure out what went wrong for next time

tntmom1027

Asked by tntmom1027 at 12:14 AM on Jul. 16, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Did you refrigerate it afterwards?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:24 AM on Jul. 16, 2013

• Is it really humid where you are?

Weather could play a part in it. Honestly, if it tasted fine, I wouldn't worry about it.

Hats off to you for baking a cheesecake. I just make the no bake from mix. I'm lazy
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 12:29 AM on Jul. 16, 2013

• It sounds as if the recipe might have had a little too much moisture in it. But hey, if it tasted good, no worries. I'd be glad to drop in and scarf up the leftovers. *Smile.*
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:39 AM on Jul. 16, 2013

• I would guess that you measured slightly more than was needed of your liquid, just a touch. You could probably have left it in for a minute or two longer which would have evaporated and set it a little more but that might also have interfered with your texture.
    Baking is an exact science. When I measure a liquid for baking I use a glass measure and pour in the liquid and allow it to completely settle and then I get down to where I am looking at it dead on.

If you have never made a cheesecake and it turned out well, you should pat yourself on the back. I agree with the refrigerating, as well.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:40 AM on Jul. 16, 2013

• The only liquid the recipe had in it was I guess from the Sour cream and then the eggs and vanilla. It isn't too humid where i am and I did refrigerate it. Perhaps next time I should make sure there isn't any liquid in the sour cream, and also let it cook a bit longer.

Never made it before and I guess since it stayed together(didn't turn into soup when cut) and tasted well it's a success lol

I have an older stove in this new apartment so perhaps that played a role, need to get a new thermometer( so I can check the accuracy of the stove which probably effected the cooking as well).

Thanks guys!
    tntmom1027

Comment by tntmom1027 (original poster) at 2:31 AM on Jul. 16, 2013

• I think it probably could have used a few more minutes in the oven. And as tempsing13mom said, weather can definitely affect your baking!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:44 AM on Jul. 16, 2013

• KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:11 AM on Jul. 16, 2013