How much should I tip for a haircut/style?

I am going to a salon for the 1st time in years. It's an old friend (that I haven't talked to since high school) that will be doing it for me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I found this on ehow.com

"Tip the stylist 10 to 15 percent of your total bill if he or she is the only person who worked on your hair.
    Give the shampoo person - if there is one - a separate gratuity. Typically, a shampoo person receives $1 to $2. "

I pay $40 for a wash and cut, I give a $5 tip.

Answer by Bmat at 2:01 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I always just tip the same as I would if I were out to eat somewhere, if they do a good job I tip more if not then I give them less but I never give less than 4 bucks
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 2:09 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I tip between 15-20% just depends on how much I like the results!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 2:41 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• i agree with hautemama83 if they do a good job and i mean you are sooo super please with it them tip them appropriatly if you do not like it then tell them you do not like it and give them then 4.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 3:24 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I usually tip about 25% but I think the "correct" amount is 20%.
    Carli26

Answer by Carli26 at 5:05 PM on Feb. 18, 2009