My body is always aching lately

My back in particular especially when i sleep
Right now for example Im on 1300 mgs of Ibubrofin given to my by my doctor
but everything still hurts
could I be pregnant?
I am a week late on my menstral cycle
doctor said give it time and we will do some tests but in the meantime, all I can do is google
and ask yall because I cant stop thinking about it, pain is always there, excruciating, excruciating pain
Anyone have anything to say on the matter!?
It could be anything :(
Vent over just help if you feel like suggesting what it could be

lullaby572

Asked by lullaby572 at 7:43 AM on Jul. 16, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• Take a pregnancy test if you're late. The rest - did it start before you would have gotten pregnant (if you are)? Or is it recent? If it's recent, take the test and if you are pregnant, it might be related. But if it started before you could have gotten pregnant, or if you aren't pregnant, then it's not related and personally, I'd be finding another doctor if his recommendation for severe pain was "give it time and we'll do some tests later." You give mild pain time, you give an ear infection time, you don't give severe pain time.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:08 AM on Jul. 16, 2013

• Do you drink enough water? Dehydrated muscles ache like crazy.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:15 AM on Jul. 16, 2013

• my first thought was dehydrated

maybe fibromyliga (sp?)...lol, i can not even get close enough on spelling to correct in spellcheck
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:25 AM on Jul. 16, 2013

• Late on your period? Take a test. Ectopic pregnancy can cause bak and shoulder pain that should not be ignored. Take a test to see if it is positive and if it is then call your obgyn to tell them about your symptoms and have them advise from there.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:44 AM on Jul. 16, 2013

• How long are you going to wait before you test? (and keep taking high doses of medication?)
    Pee on the stick already.
    Until then, we can't help you.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:51 AM on Jul. 16, 2013

• Maybe you need a new mattress.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:29 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

• 1300mg of ibuprofen isn't a huge amount. A typical dose is 800mg. How often are you taking it?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 1:07 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

• 1300 mgs in one dose?? I hope not... Especially if you think you are pregnant. Either way that's not a long term solution. Start looking into other causes... You may need a softer mattress, Lymes comes to mind... I many other possibilities. Make your doc look for a cause or find a new doc!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:11 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

• Please get the tests done! I was on 1600 mg of ibuprofen twice/day for 3 months while I waited to see a specialist about some inflammation I was having (turns out I have sjogrens syndrome). I have since found out I have kidney damage and the nephrologist thinks the doses of ibuprofen I took for those months is the reason.

Answer by missanc at 3:51 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

• Ask to be evaluated for problems such as arthritis or fibromyalgia. I don't think severe back pain is usually a symptom of early pregnancy. Try simple tricks like getting a firmer pillow, putting a board under your mattress to make it hold your weight better, hot rubs or heating pads, drinking plenty of water, and stretching throughout the day.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:14 AM on Jul. 17, 2013