The 10 least expensive states to live (for those who live in the 10 most expensive- in case you want to move :p)

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100835110/page/1

Now that's more like it. My state didn't make either list- so I guess we're somewhere in between :)

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 8:47 AM on Jul. 16, 2013 in Money & Work

• I visited all those states back when I was doing computer software support. I wouldn't choose to live in any of them, I'm afraid! But if we all liked the same things then those cheapest states would suddenly flip to becoming the most expensive.

Remember the old rule from your economics class: supply and demand. Low supply and high demand drive prices up, high supply and low demand drive them down.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:03 AM on Jul. 16, 2013

• I'm moving to Oklahoma!
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 8:57 AM on Jul. 16, 2013

• Lived in Texas for a year- cost of living was pretty decent
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:51 AM on Jul. 16, 2013

• I live in NY # 4 on the most expensive.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 9:07 AM on Jul. 16, 2013

• Yeah - we're number 6. Now try to find a job.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:05 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

• "Yeah - we're number 6. Now try to find a job."

My best friend is a MedOnc nurse and drives in from Indiana every day to our hospital in Chicago. Can't find a comparable job there, which is a shame.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 12:18 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

• Cheap, sure. I wouldn't want to live in any of them though.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:32 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

• I've lived in 2 of the cheapest states. And, right now I'm in TX but, I'm not happy. Sure the cost of living is good but, that comes at a price. The most expensive state I've lived in is NY & honestly (except for winter) I preferred it there.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:43 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

• * will say though, we only lived in TX for one year. Manor was a pit and the school SUCKED
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:02 AM on Jul. 16, 2013

• I live in Los Angeles, but we moved to Wyoming for a few years, which should be on the list of least expensive....the problem is though that wages are lower and good jobs are harder to get, so our standard of living was about the same. I think it's pretty relative. We were able to buy a nicer house for the money, but medical care was higher because the insurance doesn't cover as much, and sometimes you had to leave the state for medical care, produce was higher, groceries in general higher....and l like I said, fewer good jobs, most jobs were retail or restaurant.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:36 AM on Jul. 16, 2013