Do you know kids who immitate the wrestling moves they see on TV?!

The boy next door thought it'd be fun to try a slam on my dau. He picked up her one leg & slammed her backward. Luckily they were on the grass, but she hit her head hard enough to cause an instant headache & grogginess. She has a slight bump on the back of her head & whiplash type pain in her neck. Once she composed herself, she retaliated before coming home for Motrin. I talked to the boys' dad about this, so I'm sure it won't happen again. But I know it could've been worse. There was a 13 y/o boy being tried in his 5 y/o sister's death b/c he tried a wrestling move on her. When will these kids understand they can't do everything they see on TV?! Ugh!

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 8:57 AM on Jul. 16, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• Never known one personally. They are trained to perform those moves without hurting the other guy/girl too much. Hope your girl is ok. The boy next door should go to wrestling camp if he wants to learn how to do it right. At least there he'd have a willing opponent. Hopefully it won't happen again and his dad talked to him about it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:08 AM on Jul. 16, 2013

• yep
    the boys that lived down the block played like this, i always told my daughter to let the boys play with the boys
    they moved out of state last fall!!

so this summer we have tons and tons of girls
    no wrestling moves this summer - just lots of girl drama
    mine has autism, so she can not get it, she is on the fray
    mine is the most behaved girl this summer!! as she just does not compute the social ins and outs of the pecking order that little girls do
    ages most are 5-7 and and a few between 11-12
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:23 AM on Jul. 16, 2013

• Yeah- my kid.
    He would watch TMNT/ Power Rangers type shows. And then commit acts of violence. He was 3 ish. I had to eliminate them from his viewing routine. Calmed him right down. It was weird. Even my parents noticed he was acting out within 30 mins of watching that stuff.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:02 AM on Jul. 16, 2013

• No but only because my son really wrestles. You know real deal Greco style, not this fake wanna be wrestling on TV, that kind of wrestling actually makes him mad.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 9:52 AM on Jul. 16, 2013

• When my cousins were 13-15 they watched all that WWF WWE crap and then would go out to the trampling and do all the stuff they just watched.
    I have noticed when my 6yo son sees something on tv he copies it, we watch American Ninja Warrior and he decided he wants to do parkuor/parquor? so I have to watch him.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:27 AM on Jul. 16, 2013

• We turned off wrestling for good when my son was 3 or 4. He was obsessed. I'd be watching tv and he'd jump off the back of the couch onto my head. So that was the end of that.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:43 AM on Jul. 16, 2013

• My friend's almost 3 year old. They watch all kinds of violent adult TV shows, and let him watch Power Rangers and stuff like that. That kid's favorite greeting to anyone who walks into his house is a running punch to the nuts. That little boy is more violent than any 3 other kids his age.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:19 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

• My stepson does it, and he has gotten my daughter started. I'm having to put the squash on it now because he weighs as much as I do while being a hed taller, and even she's getting big enough to really hurt someone without meaning to.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:01 AM on Jul. 17, 2013

• my brother and I used to, my son does. My son is only 3 so...My 13 y/o nephew does with his friends but they don't hurt each other. He used to wrestle with my dd, but I put a stop to that since he's so much bigger than her. I don't see a problem with it as long as the kids are playing and are the same size. Sorry your dd got hurt. Looks like mom and dad need to teach the kid about how and when to play like that.
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:44 AM on Jul. 16, 2013