Sugar sheets *update with pic of Josie's cake!*

Have any of you ever used them for a cake? My dd wants zebra print and this seems like the easiest way to go about it. I hope it turns out good :/this is what I'm going to try, but purple instead of pink 

josiesmommy00

Asked by josiesmommy00 at 9:55 AM on Jul. 16, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Yes, and they worked out great!

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:57 AM on Jul. 16, 2013

• Ok I will admit I suck so much at cooking and baking, I just ordered the sheets, got them in the mail, and took them to the bakery to apply. But yes, they are supposed to just stick onto the frosting. It sort of melted in and became one with the cake.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:15 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

• Yes, apply it to white. If it's color under that, you would definitely see it.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:23 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

• great tool
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:28 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

• I have never used the sugar sheets, but I got my daughter a zebra print cake for her birthday last year at Harris Teeter. It was cute and inexpensive.

Answer by missanc at 1:55 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

• My boss hates them. She does the stripes by hand with buttercream (but she's a great decorator and it hardly looks like buttercream either!) I think the taste is gross and they're expensive.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 3:44 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

• I had the butterfly picture from my daughter's party invitation printed on her birthday cake last spring. It came out nice, and I really didn't taste the sugar sheet. I thought the technology was amazing.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:00 AM on Jul. 17, 2013

• I like those.
    morebee7

Answer by morebee7 at 12:57 AM on Jul. 20, 2013

• yay! thanks. Did you just stick it to the frosting? I don't want it to fall off lol
    josiesmommy00

Comment by josiesmommy00 (original poster) at 12:05 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

• oh, ok. So I should put white frosting on there where I apply the sugar sheet? I have purple frosting and don't want it to show through.
    josiesmommy00

Comment by josiesmommy00 (original poster) at 12:19 PM on Jul. 16, 2013