Should I wait longer to test?

So, I've been waiting weeks to miss AF, and I finally did yesterday. I took 2 pregnancy tests today, but both are negative. I'm 2 days late on my period, and I don't know what to do. It's really discouraging.
Should I wait longer to test? or should I just go into the doctor and get a blood test?

Update: I'm always on time for my period. ALWAYS. It's never late. 

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on Jul. 16, 2013 in Pregnancy

• 2 days isn't very long, but the tests these days are very sensitive so if you are pregnant they should have detected it.

Answer by missanc at 2:49 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

• i would go to the dr and have a blood test done in order to be certain i had 2 negative tests and 1 positive tests from at home so was hard to know and i waited til i was 5 days late to test
    momof11995

Answer by momof11995 at 3:06 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

• Maybe you ovulated later than normal. Unless you're keeping your BBT, you can't really know if you're late. Also, did you test in the morning? The pregnancy hormone is most prevalent in the first morning's urine. I would just test until AF shows.
    BeaverHouse

Answer by BeaverHouse at 3:16 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

• Have you been pregnant before and where you able to test positive at home with that pregnancy?? There are some ppl who can't test positive with home pregnancy test.. But that's like a 1% chance. Are you usually late? For example sometimes ill be 5 days late then sart my cycle and other times i start right on time. So I would wait for at least a week and see what happens. Or you can go and get a blood test as well.
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 3:51 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

• good luck - crossing fingers for you
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 4:08 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

• If you can, wait a week, relax, and test again. If your peace of mind is going to be sacrificed till you know, go to the doctor for a blood test.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:14 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

• There are many reasons why your period could change a day or two as you age....Go to an OB/GYN and let them do an ultra sound to be sure...
    hau_siyoka

Answer by hau_siyoka at 7:52 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

• Test again in a couple of days if your cycle is still MIA. Follow up with your OB regardless of the result. Your cycle will not always be on time. just when you think you are regular it will change on you. Age does that to us. So does stress, hormone imbalances, thyroid issues etc etc
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:03 PM on Jul. 16, 2013