I put a down payment on a German Rottweiler and the bitch just had the pups 10 days early are they at risk and should I still go they with the purchase

Poppygotti

Asked by Poppygotti at 5:04 PM on Jul. 16, 2013 in Pets

• Call the breeder and ask how they are doing. Insist on a clean bill of health from a vet before taking ownership.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:08 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

• How do they know she gave birth 10 days early? Did they know the exact day she got pregnant?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:16 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

• Just like humans other animals have a due date, but that is not always when they are born.
    A lot depends on how many pups she carried.
    10 days is a little on the early side and I certainly would examine and have my vet examine the pup, but more than likely they will all be fine and healthy. Did the breeder mention any difficulties?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:36 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

• Where are you?
    we want to have a conversation with you!
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 5:37 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

• Insist that part of the purchase price goes for an exam by a vet you both agree on before you buy.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:21 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

• Well they email me they has pups last night they are highly recommend breeders the told me it was unusual to have them this early but they all seem to be doing well so far
    Poppygotti

Comment by Poppygotti (original poster) at 6:22 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

• Dardenella I am here
    Poppygotti

Comment by Poppygotti (original poster) at 6:23 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

• Yes feralaxt
    Poppygotti

Comment by Poppygotti (original poster) at 6:24 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

• Go rescue a dog from the gas chamber, adopt a dog from the pound.

Answer by older at 7:20 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

• Not everyone wants a rescue older. Some people want a papered dog. She may wish to breed this animal and show this animal. I bred great danes for a while because I really love the breed and wanted to breed the best animals. Frankly it was a bigger dream than I could achieve. I did raise some beautiful dogs and some good enough to compete and win some shows. The realistic view was that I did not have the wherewithal to accomplish what I wanted to do and decided in the end that it was best for the breed not to breed any more. Pure breds have many charactoristics that are unique to that breed and there is a pet for everyone.
    If you do not have experience with Rotties be sure you read everything you can and get into a training program. They take work and patience but they can be great dogs.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 7:34 PM on Jul. 16, 2013