Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

What else could it be??? I'm sick of all this.

I had my Pap exam in Feb 2013 at the gyno and all was normal. So in May 2013 my Depo was due and I thought my "cramps" were maybe going to be breakthrough bleeding. I didn't bleed and realized my pain was in my uterus area during a pelvic exam before my shot was administered at Family Planning. She said it may have been due to my c-section in July of last year (although I had no pain at my Pap test). I got another opinion by my family doctor who discovered I had some bacteria on my cervix. I was on Bactrim for another infection and the nurse told me it would also clear up the vag infection so I didn't need the antibiotics the Dr called in. Didn't go away. So another nurse said to use Dr perscribed meds for it. NOW I swear it's still there!! I'm so tender above my pubic bone and feel like I have pressure. They are killing me with Co-pays! I should probably run to the gyno and stop pissing around with everyone else. It's not painful, just really uncomfortable. It just seems like all I get is the run around and "come back in a week, this test, that test..." I can't afford for everyone to be guessing like they've been. I have a history of cysts so maybe I need an ultrasound just to make sure it looks ok.


Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Jul. 16, 2013 in Health

This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • Your pap and your cervix are not ANY indication of what could be going on with your ovaries or uterus.
    GO TO YOUR GYNO and tell them you are in pain.

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:54 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

  • Establish care with a gynecologist instead of messing with everyone else. I say this because it's likely you're going to get referred to one anyway so you might as well start there if your insurance allows.

    Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 5:58 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

  • If you have the option, go straight to the gyn and get it sorted. Co pays are like death by paper cut! Not big enough to really hurt, but they add up.

    Answer by tessiedawg at 6:05 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

  • Go to the doctor and stop messing with guesses.

    Answer by Dardenella at 5:39 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

  • Pick a doc and stick with him or her. I'm having the same trouble right now over a different issue. Specialist sent a prescription to regular doctor, now neither one of them will fill it because each is saying the other should. Too many cooks spoil the broth.

    Answer by Ballad at 6:18 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

  • I've been to 2 doctors about this. 2 different diagnoses. Should I see a specialist or go back to the one that originally discovered the infection and is already familiar with what is going on?

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:42 PM on Jul. 16, 2013