Student Loans are Killing me! I just graduated, can't find a job and can't afford the payments. Does anyone know any help or anything? for single mom's??

My student loans are killing me! I just graduated, can't find a job and can't afford the payments. Does anyone know any help or anything? For single mom's??

13wildflower

Asked by 13wildflower at 1:54 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Money & Work

• Didn't you get the 6 months grace period, and I think that you can file for a deferment.Call your lendor.
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 1:56 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• You can request a forebearance or a deferment. They are easy to obtain. Call them and just explain, and they'll guide you to which one you're eligible for. You can put off payments for a year at a time.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 1:57 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Put your resume out there nationwide. It might suck to move but there are jobs in some states. We had to do this and are very happy about the move. Sucks family will be far away but we will be able to buy a home, feed our son and live our lives free from financial stress.
    Anonymous

• Request a forbearance! I called my loan company and all I really wanted was a lower payment (they wanted $271 a month!!!!) and they were able to defer my payments for a year. I can pay on my loan before then, of course, with no penalty but it gives me a little relief that I can save up some money to pay off a good chunk by next year.

beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 2:50 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Request a forbearance and then look into an income based payment for the loan(s). They will take your income into consideration and figure your monthly payment from that.
    Best wishes!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 3:48 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• You should qualify for a deferrment based on financial hardship. Dh and I both did the same thing for ours. However you may want to (when you can) pay off bits and pieces of the interest.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 4:30 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• in addition to forbearance, look into their other payment plans - there are 3 different plans from Direct Loans. one is the regular one, one is a graduated plan (lower payments at first, then higher later), then the other plan is based on your income (which is now zero). good luck!!
    sunmoonstars

Answer by sunmoonstars at 6:07 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Work from home opportunity

www.DoctorsMission.com

Anonymous

• Welcome to Americas trap.

It would be better to go to tech school and have a smaller bill and an in demand job than be in the situation millions of Americans are in after graduation.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 6:01 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoxYwrP-IBs

this is what i do for extra money.. it is great! 100% free and legit, pays well and on time

blakesma

Answer by blakesma at 4:25 PM on Feb. 24, 2009