What is enough?

The White House sets the bar on incomes....How much is to much? What would be fair?

hau_siyoka

Asked by hau_siyoka at 8:27 PM on Jul. 16, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• What incomes?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 8:58 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

• Our household annual income that we are taxed on?
    hau_siyoka

Comment by hau_siyoka (original poster) at 9:42 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

• I don't understand the question. How much is too much money? I don't think there is such a thing.
    Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 9:51 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

• The White House has no business setting the bar IMO. They demanded that Walmart workers in DC make a living wage when many of their own employees are paid less than that. They are hypocrites.
    Anonymous

• Thank you for posting...this is my POV as welll
    hau_siyoka

Comment by hau_siyoka (original poster) at 11:08 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

• Enough is such a relative term. I've lived on the edge of poverty, as have many, so enough for me is not worrying about running out of food at the end of the month. Seriously, every time my boyfriend and I finish the monthly bills, I ASK, "Are we solvent? And he says, "Fairly." It's enough. But for others, enough is never enough. My brother wanted me to let him adopt my baby when she was born--fat chance--and one of his reasons was that he had more money than I did and he could provide for her better. See, I don't think money is the measure of a person, and I may not have a lot but I have enough.

As far as Wal-Mart in DC goes, it would be interesting to interview the kitchen staff and janitors at the White House and hear what their hourly wage is.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:55 AM on Jul. 17, 2013

• Not sure if this is what you mean, but when they keep telling us to tighten our belts, make sacrifices & try to get by on less, while they don't adhere to the same advice. Then yes, they are overstepping their bounds. Then again, Washington bureau - pukes have been doing that for years. It's disgraceful!

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:30 AM on Jul. 17, 2013