Advertising ideas

I am in direct sales and was wondering what kind of advertising ideas there are that I can do locally?

AvonLady317

Asked by AvonLady317 at 8:47 PM on Jul. 16, 2013 in Money & Work

• Pass out flyers and business cards... leave business cards on tables at the mall and such. Call around your area looking for events that will let you set up a booth at. Post flyers at colleges, hospitals, etc. Ask friends and neighbors to bring your books to work.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:49 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

• M-avi gave a good suggestion. Post at Starbucks and create a FB and Twitter page?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 8:57 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

• In addition to the above, volunteer. People like to buy from those that give back.

tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 9:14 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

• Put an add in the local paper with a coupon.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:58 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

• Considering you SN I would say books on the doors in your neighborhood. You might see if your supermarket has a rack for people to pick up brochures etc.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:24 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

• Doesn't Avon give you some direction in that respect...
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:39 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

• Ask your fellow reps.
    I'd help you if you were on MY team.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:46 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

• Look for bridal fairs in your area, too.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:54 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

• I am getting tons of support from my team and from the company but I was just looking outside the box and seeing if anyone else had any ideas. I have also thought about hanging books on doors but the area that I am in has restrictions about it.
    AvonLady317

Comment by AvonLady317 (original poster) at 6:38 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• that was actually a rude response you got there! Restaurants are a good place to go. If you have a local factory of some kind, they do allow advertising as well. You could send a book in with someone you know and most people go crazy to look at something different. There are also plenty of people out there looking for a new supplier because avon failed them. I knew someone like that.. Maybe you should seek people you know and ask them to keep an eye out. I know a woman who use to buy avon, but the seller stopped and it's been 5 years (in a nursing home now) since she bought anything, but she liked it! You could try a place for older women because they like to feel good too!
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 8:48 PM on Jul. 18, 2013