small waist and long legs- I need help...

Gauge has a 4 month olds hips and a 8 month olds legs...ALL of his pants are either too short or big on the waist...
I need to find some jeans or somethine for my son. Any ideas? He wears Old Navy mostly but the pants are too short.

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 1:57 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Walmart just started carrying Grranimals or whatever they are and those have the adjustable waist band too...
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 8:17 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Buy them long and big and use a small belt on him for now until you can get him the right clothes...you might have to get them special made.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:59 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• We are going through the same thing with Kaylee, and have been since about your sons age. What we found were pants (mostly corduroy) that have elastic in the back and a pull string in the front and that helps keep her pants from falling off her butt.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:05 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Pants with adjustable waistbands are the only thing I can find to fit my daughter. Old Navy, Children's Place, Gap, and Kohl's carries a few brands too. I'm sure there are other brands out there. For the most part, my daughter just wears dresses because they don't have to be held up by her little hips and rear end.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 2:07 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I have a chubby one...opposite problem. However, you might want to try the Jumping Bean brand at Kohls (they might have it other places too) but the waist was way too small for my daughter and legs were way too long and the few pairs of pants I ended up with so they might work well for you.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 2:51 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• target now has adjustable waist jeans!!!!!! i'm so excited! my dd has always has tiny waist and long legs. the children's place also has some adjustable waist stuff.
    tstep972

Answer by tstep972 at 10:43 PM on Feb. 18, 2009