So, my fat @$$ wants to buy a bicycle...

I don't want to spend a lot of money, but I weigh about 250 pounds. Is they're a particular style of bike (mountain, cruiser, etc.) that would be most likely to accommodate my size?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 PM on Jul. 16, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• A mountain bike would be easier for you to ride, but a cruiser seat might be more comfortable. I have been shopping around for them myself, and there are loads of options.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:39 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

• Im 230 and I have a lime green beach cruiser that I bought at Walmart, it has a big cushy seat.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 10:39 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

• It depends on where you live and where you plan to ride. If you visit a bike shop they would be very helpful in finding the right style and size bike. Most people that just pick them up at Walmart are not riding the correct size.

Answer by missanc at 11:23 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

• Good for you, wanting to start biking. The bike you buy depends a lot on the terrain you'll be riding on, as well as your size. You'd be best off to find a local bike shop and go there in person for a chat with people who know how to help you make a good choice.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:51 PM on Jul. 16, 2013

• That's a GREAT decision! While, i'm not an expert on bikes, I am a health and wellness coach and would love to help! Private message me if you want to discuss a plan and things.

I WILL tell you that a bike is a GREAT idea. While, I would recommend a stationary bike, wanting to get out there is AWESOME! It's actually one of the "easiest" ways to lose weight fast-if you keep on it. This is because you can't control the pace you keep like you can with other things like walking, a treadmill etc.
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 7:50 PM on Jul. 18, 2013