I won the lottery tonight. How should I spend my winnings?

I hardly ever buy a ticket but I just got the urge to and I did it. Granted the most I could win on this one was $20,000 but I could pay some bills, buy my kids some clothes and other things they need, and set aside a little money for Christmas.

I won $2 which is how much the lottery ticket was so at least I broke even. Should I buy another ticket or pocket the money?

tempsingl3mom

Asked by tempsingl3mom at 12:24 AM on Jul. 17, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Buy a new ticket. There's not much else you can do with $2.

Oh wait- unless you think you are pregnant- you can put it towards a dollar store pregnancy test.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:27 AM on Jul. 17, 2013

• Get the Reese's!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:38 AM on Jul. 17, 2013

• I personally am in a candy bar mood. LOL
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:27 AM on Jul. 17, 2013

• I play rarely, but when that happens to me, I always get another ticket and it is always a loser. So use that inside info as you will. ; )
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 12:28 AM on Jul. 17, 2013

• Reese's, of course!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 12:36 AM on Jul. 17, 2013

• I won $2 with a ticket once, bought the extra, and won $30. Give it a try. God, I needed it that time because I literally had no groceries in the house. I debated long and hard between getting the ticket or a can of chili, but the ticket paid off in a big wa. I hardly ever play.

Now, if you win big on the next ticket and you just happen to have too much cash lying around, you know, to where it clutters up your house and all, I'd be glad to help you get rid of some.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:25 AM on Jul. 17, 2013

• I would going to say don't waste it on another ticket, but then I remembered the time my husband bought a scratcher and won a free ticket and he wanted to go right back into the store (we hadn't even left the parking lot) and buy another of the same kind.I told him that was dumb because the next ticket on the roll wouldn't be a winner also, but he went in and bought another anyway and won $100.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:20 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• Get the peanut butter cup, but only if you have milk in the house :p You could even splurge & get the king size! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:46 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• I better buy 2 cuz you know those lines are faint and it's hard to tell. Could I take them both at the same time?

On 2nd thought, the candy bar sounds better and I don't really have to worry about pregnancy since A:my tubes are tied and B: we ALWAYS use a condom.

Now the question is do I want reese's peanut butter cup or 3 muskateers?
    tempsingl3mom

Comment by tempsingl3mom (original poster) at 12:34 AM on Jul. 17, 2013