Cleaning and kids schedules??

I am a stay at home mom to 3 young children.

I need a schedule for cleaning and a schedule for the kids - so they are doing something other than just watching tv.

I tried flylady and got frustrated.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:27 AM on Jul. 17, 2013 in Home & Garden

• I cleaned during their nap times (or quiet times for older children) and also cleaned before they got up in the morning and after they went to bed.

Answer by Bmat at 8:51 AM on Jul. 17, 2013

• I just clean up messes as they are made. My kids have white boards with 2-3 chores written down for the day and they do them to earn video game time.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:22 AM on Jul. 17, 2013

• when my kids were smaller I had a room a day thing

monday kitchen
    tuesday floors (mop and vacuum)
    wed bedrooms
    thurs linenes, laundry, laundry room
    fri bathrooms
    sat halls, misc touch ups, disinfect kid stuff and toys

this process for me made sense and kept things manageable and not too overwhelming
    sunday rest
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 10:35 AM on Jul. 17, 2013

• I clean in the morning when I have the most energy right after the kids get up. This way they are fresh & find something easily to entertain themselves with. Do a little every day. Then one main project once a week. Even if it's cleaning out a closet, straightening up & organizing toys or the garage, wash widows etc. My house is spotless. I'm a fanatic about a clean house. I love to vacuum too. It's like calming to me.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:51 AM on Jul. 17, 2013

• I was like hibbingmom when my oldest was little - I cleaned a specific room for each day of the week. I did it while my son was napping, and since I kept up on it by doing it every week on the same day, it was quick to do. I did dishes after dinner, and would just put my son in his playpen while I did. Now that they're both a lot older, they have chores that they do, so that I'm not spending all my time cleaning.

As far as a schedule for them, just figure out what you'd like them to do and when you'd like them to do it, and there you go. There's play time, craft time, reading time, movie time, outside time...a whole wealth of things you could choose from.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 1:52 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• I try to schedule outings with my daughter in the morning before it gets blazing hot, then let her watch some TV or play on her tablet in the afternoon when going out isn't as much fun.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:00 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• Everyone pick-up !st thing in A.M. and last in P.M. will make cleaning so much easier.
    morebee7

Answer by morebee7 at 12:38 AM on Jul. 20, 2013