What do you put in your fruit salad?

My son wants to make one for my other LO's birthday party. We live in NJ. But its summer so most fruit is in season.... I have some ideas in my head but was wondering what others do..Thanks :-)

Asked by mlmsm928 at 11:06 AM on Jul. 17, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Fruit.

Seriously though, I like fruit salad to be nothing but fruit. Canteloupe, strawberries, blueberries, bananas. and green grapes. Maybe watermelon too.

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:08 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• I mix sour cream and powdered sugar until it's a glaze consistency then pour over fruit and stir - it's really good on strawberries, blueberries and bananas.
    Right now I have in my frig a fruit salad of watermelon, cantaloupe and grapes - colorful and the fruits are sweet enough they need no additional topping.

Answer by missanc at 11:56 AM on Jul. 17, 2013

• kiwi, blueberries, strawberries, peaches, blackberries, grapes, raspberries

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 12:24 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• He could make a melon salad. Cantaloupes and watermelons are in season. Or maybe a strawberry salad.

Answer by Ballad at 3:19 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• This is phenomenal! It is fresh fruit and instant vanilla pudding mix. Just the powder. It mixed with the juices and coats the fruit making it an amazing side dish/dessert. We did not use the optional added sugar- I did not feel the need with the in season fruit we used. We used fresh pineapple, strawberries, blue berries and grapes. No canned or frozen fruits. Tried that one time... it tasted good but looked dreadful! lol.

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:13 AM on Jul. 17, 2013

• Thank you But_Mommie .. I'm going to try it! It sounds good!!!

Comment by mlmsm928 (original poster) at 11:16 AM on Jul. 17, 2013

• Vodka.

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:37 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• I like to add a little fresh mint and a touch of OJ to melons,berries,grapes

Answer by liss05 at 4:22 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• Cantaloup, watermelon, strawberries, grapes, apples and sometimes mandarin oranges. I also like to stir in cool whip.

When fresh fruit isn't available, I drain a can of fruit cocktail, and stir in cool whip.

My SIL makes a fruit salad with cool whip and chunks of snickers in it. Yum!

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 12:51 AM on Jul. 18, 2013

• Any fruit we like, crushed walnuts.

Answer by morebee7 at 12:51 AM on Jul. 20, 2013