As a single mom, is sex important?

im a single mom of one, im not in a relationship & havnt been for awhile, i occasionally have sex with my childs father monthly, but its just because im not getting it from anywhere else, is this wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Jul. 17, 2013 in Relationships

• Not something I would do. When the relationship with my ex was over, it was over and I didn't want any lingering attachment. Also, I would make sure that you aren't confusing your child by having dad sleep over once in a while, giving him/her false hope that his parents will get back together.
    When I was single I was so busy working to get ahead that sex was one of the last things on my mind, until I was in a stable relationship anyway.

Answer by missanc at 11:49 AM on Jul. 17, 2013

• Ha Ha... I'm married and sex is not a priority for me either. Some find sex important, some don't. Why stress about it. Either you like it or you don't. It's definitely not something to plan your life around. Get out there and do something with yourself... go to school, get a better a career... leave the past behind.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:51 AM on Jul. 17, 2013

• hahaha no it's not important. well for me anyway. I know one thing, I wouldn't be keeping the ex around as back up. just sayin'
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 12:03 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• I'm not single but I have thought about this. I think as long as my would-be-ex wasn't in a relationship with anyone else I'd probably be up for an occasional play date but would stop if feelings were starting to get involved, and like missanc said you have to be careful with what your child sees. But why not go with old-trusty until something new is found? Better than sleeping around with randoms, IMO.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:06 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• The idea of sex with my ex husband makes me want to vomit. So, I can't say that I'd do it. I suggest contacting PGA and investing in a good toy.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:18 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• If I did not have my hubby of 41 years, I would get a playful sex partner, preferably younger than ME!

Answer by older at 12:19 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• Older... you crack me up! You could totally be a cougar!

As for the sex with the ex... I have to agree with Missanc. Don't do it when your child is home. It is too emotionally confusing for kids.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:23 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• The need for sex is different with each person.
    You are using each other and you will be running the risk of pregnancy no matter what you use.
    I think by having relations with the baby's father you are holding on to the idea that he is yours and will be in a relationship with you on a permanent basis. This denies both of you the ability to find someone to make a life with. (I am assuming he is not in another relationship, because if he is then of course, I would say this is wrong)
    If you both agree to the parameters of your relationship, then it is neither right nor wrong.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:37 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• He's an ex for a reason, and your continued involvement probably clouds your judgement.
    Get a vibrator. I know a gal.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:43 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• My child just thinks of it as daddy coming to spend time with her for the day when she goes to bed, is when it happens, & we are both not in any relationship, & we are friends & get along well enough to be parents also, I feel comfortable with him, I'd rather not date or just have sex with a random guy, im also very busy with school & work, so I don't find it too horrible what im doing, but thanx ladies
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:48 PM on Jul. 17, 2013