Swim separates for toddlers?

My youngest just turned 3. She is 24 lbs and currently she fits in a 24 month swimsuit. I would love to get her a 2 piece either tankini or bikini of some type but she doesn't fit in sets of any kind - for clothing she wears a 3T shirt and I buy a 2T bottoms and then have to sew the sides down the seams to make them fit. If I bought a 3T set, on the bottoms there would be too much fabric bunched on the sides.
Anybody know of a brand that sells swim tops/bottoms separately like you can find for women?

Asked by missanc at 11:47 AM on Jul. 17, 2013 in Shopping

• My dd needs a bigger top, I just switch the bottoms out with a smaller size as places like target and walmart
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Jul. 17, 2013

• This is why my DD had to go to a one piece. I did consider ordering one on Etsy because they were hand made I coudl pick the sizes but I chose not too. Peachy Keen Designs is having a sale right now on the two piece swim suits. Super cute with a monogram.  I know these are ordered pre-made and she is just mongramoing them but she may help you out... I almost got one for DD for next year since she already has two this year but I ddecided not to since I have no idea what size she will be.  

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:02 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• My girls are the same way, larger top/smaller bottom. The only tankini they've both been able to wear came from The Children's Place (their clothes tend to run smaller).
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:07 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• At that age, the only way I was able to get my DD into a two-piece was with mismatched parts of hand-me-downs from her older cousins. Luckily, almost everything I inherited was pink with flowers or stripes on it, so it didn't look bad at all.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 12:10 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• And anonymous you are the reason why I get pissed when I get home and their are two different sizes on my hanger and I go to take it back and they give ME a hard time claiming I bought two and switched them myself!!!!

Land's End and Garnet Hill have girl's size 4 and 6 as separates but not sure about toddlers.
    Anonymous

• I really don't know. My DD was on the bigger side at that age. I think some of the brand makers make the bottoms a little more roomy for swim diapers, so the kids that don't need those end up having saggy drawers.

I hope you find something that works for you.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:18 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• That is one of the many reasons why my DD wears a one piece.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 4:21 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• well other anon, check the shit before you buy it. I can't help it clothes are fucked up.
    Anonymous