Why is my body so calm?

weird question i know. i have panic disorder/anxiety and im used to having a quick pulse and higher BP (high for me is 125-130/80-85 range) but i have such a fast heartbeat in the morning that ive been altering my diet/eating habits. i only eat a yogurt for breakfast and then some fruit for a snack, then i exercise on the elliptical for 15-30 minutes a day depending on how strenuous the household chores i need to do that day are (like vacuuming the stairs versus sweeping) and it seems to have helped because today my BP is 116/72 and my pulse is 68-77 (ive been checking it over and over again) whereas normally my pulse is in the high 80's range and even faster when i first wake up.

its making me anxious! i know i should be thrilled over the good readings but they're making me edgy. i dont feel dizzy or lightheaded or nauseous. i feel perfect, just reeling in my mind. somebody slap me and tell me to quit worrying.

btw, ive been doing the yogurt & light breakfast/exercise thing for about a month now. can a consistent diet/exercise routine really lower heartrate and blood pressure?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 12:48 PM on Jul. 17, 2013 in Health

• You're being a little OCD with the pulse checking. There is absolutely no medical reason for you to check those things daily if you are healthy.
    So *SLAP*!! Quit worrying.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:50 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• Now your making me nervous! AHHHHHHH............................
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:52 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• oh i admit i am VERY ocd with pulse checking. sometimes i have to stop myself from doing it in public!
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 12:56 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• Yes it can as well as fresh air and sunshine.

I know what you mean though. I had awful migraines when I was younger and in high school if I did not have about 5 in one week I would become anxious because I KNEW I would get one soon. Of course that was a self fulfilling prophesy. It is hard to break out of the mindset though when you have been so used to the way it was.
    I am so very happy for you and wish you the best on your journey.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:06 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• older

Answer by older at 1:19 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• Take a deep breathe and know you are doing what is good for you and that you will be fine...I fight anxiety and depression daily but learned to pick myself up and move on with the day...planning the next day gets you ready and looking forward to a new day
    hau_siyoka

Answer by hau_siyoka at 2:10 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• Sounds like your methods are starting to work. That's what you want. Go with it.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:35 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• Yes it can hep.

sounds like a good thing. are you on meds for your anxiety?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:11 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• no meds.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 4:10 PM on Jul. 17, 2013