If you've had a hysterectomy adult content

Has it affected your orgasm in any way? How has it affected your sex life?
TIA!

musicpisces

Asked by musicpisces at 1:37 PM on Jul. 17, 2013 in Health

• Excellent question. Before my hysterectomy I had great, earth shaking orgasms. Right after the hysterectomy I could not get any orgasm at all. It was very frustrating because I would be very aroused, but I could not climax. It had been 12 years and I have learned how to climax, but it's not even close to what it used to be. I didn't have problems with dryness until 2 years ago, but that's what lubricant is for. I still have a good sex drive, but sex is just ok now. Please understand that this is my experience and doesn't mean this is how all women react to hysterectomies.

Anonymous

• What kind of hysterectomy are we talking about? Ovaries, too?
    Need more info.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:54 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• @PartyGalAnne, I'm not sure, because this is my GF, not me. She has a large fibroid on her uterus, and will need it soon. She's fighting to keep her cervix, but I don't know what the word is on ovaries. I believe they will be coming out too.
    musicpisces

Comment by musicpisces (original poster) at 1:58 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• If they take everything, and depending if she gets on HRT (if she is a cancer risk, they may not want her on hormones), she may lose a lot of her drive. Orgasms will feel slightly different regardless, because there will be no more uterus there to contract. Lubrication is also controlled by the hormones produced by the ovaries, so lubricant will be a must.
    She may also experience early menopause (again, depending on HRT), hair loss, and a ton of other symptoms associated with the change.
    She should write down all of her questions and ask her doctor, and if you can go with her help her take notes.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:05 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• Thank you both for your input!
    musicpisces

Comment by musicpisces (original poster) at 2:08 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• I had one and they took my ovaries and my uterus and lifted my vagina muscles and my bladder muscles, and it was all done through a minor incision through my belly button and a robot. And no, there were no changes for me....

Answer by older at 2:19 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• I had a hysterectomy a few days after my 38th birthday. Lost my uterus and cervix but still have my ovaries.  

At first, there was no change to my sex life.  In my early 40's, I'm guessing I reached my sexual peak because my libido went nuts and I couldn't get enough sex.  In my mid 40's, my libido started to settle down a bit and menopause reared it's ugly head. 

Now, my sex drive isn't what it used to be, but I'm pretty sure that has more to do my busy lifestyle than anything else.  I"m having some issues with dryness but I found something over the counter that works really well for that.  Other than that, everything is good.  I'm going to be 50 next month.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 2:23 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• I had a complete one in my late 20's. As in they removed EVERYTHING! It changed things drastically for me. It's painful to have sex now, dry is the order of the day and not much of a sex drive at all. Luckily I now have a VERY understanding hubby. The hot flashes were a bear to get thru. Try explaining to your 12 year old why you're living with your head in the freezer....There is medicene that you can be put on to help things out. Unfortunately for me it didn't work and it was as if I was higher then a kite most days on it. I stopped. I'd rather go without then be looking down on myself wondering what in the heck I was doing.

The good part about it is I'm able to live a painfree life now free from cysts, fiborus (sp), etc. I was a total mess & gave up a active sex life but I'd do it again to keep the horrible pain away that came once or twice a month.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 4:05 PM on Jul. 17, 2013