Why are Kids cartoons are either incredibly stupid or gross these days!?!?!

When I was small (eons ago) Cartoons were funny, but these days they are gross and stupid...who thinks this crap is funny? I'm going to buy good old cartoons on dvd.

BeautyGuru

Asked by BeautyGuru at 1:39 PM on Jul. 17, 2013 in Entertainment

• They have changed a little, but kids love potty humor and gross things. The last time I saw a Flintstone's cartoon on Boomerang I had completely forgotten the drunk stork, the smoking boss and all of the beating each other with clubs. I think cartoons have changed a little over the years, but I don't remember them being more amusing other than my age and the content being a factor.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:42 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• boomerang has the classic cartoons.

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 1:42 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• theyve had raunchy cartoons for decades. ren & stimpy for example. and none of the cartoons i had growing up were educational (scooby doo, the smurfs, bugs bunny, etc) so this is nothing new really. atleast they have come out with some wonderful educational cartoons, but we also think spongebob is pretty funny.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:44 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• I truly believe that today's cartoons are designed to entertain adults and not the kids...What happened to Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck....old school cartoons that taught lessons and entertained the kids....Something to be considered for revamping
    hau_siyoka

Answer by hau_siyoka at 1:51 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• Just out of curiosity, which current cartoons are incredibly stupid and gross?  I'm wondering if my kids watch them.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:54 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• Cartoons used to be violent, like Tom and Jerry, but what surprises me now is the sexual referencesin them. SpongeBob is prett much banned in my house.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:00 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• We don't watch sponge bob at all, He was watching something Gumball and that got the ax pretty quickly, He was also watching Teen Titans go and that was gross, Robin was throwing leeches on himself and starfire named a parasite...that was gross. Now we are watching Masters of the Universe on DVD...
    BeautyGuru

Comment by BeautyGuru (original poster) at 2:11 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• Oh no! Not leeches!!!!!!!
    BeaverHouse

Answer by BeaverHouse at 2:16 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• "What happened to Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck....old school cartoons that taught lessons and entertained the kids."

What I learned from Bugs Bunny is that when people get shot in the face, they turn into small black children who sing "Shortnin' Bread." Was that the sort of lesson you were talking about?
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:44 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• Have you WATCHED old cartoons? A lot of theose were also gross and and incredibly stupid
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:47 PM on Jul. 17, 2013