Mold in the bathroom?

Today I suddenly smell mold in the bathroom. I looked where all the plumbing was and didn't see anything. The shower curtain looks clear. Where could I be missing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Behind the toilet...under the sink?

Other than that if you did a through search I am not sure...is there a hamper or a pile of towels in there?
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:08 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Did you check the flooring? Walls? Behind curtains?

Answer by gemgem at 2:08 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• spray bleach all over that will kill it.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:09 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• make sure you have your windows open or you'll suffocate
    Butterfly1108

• I didn't look at the floor. I did behind the toilet because I thought it would be there. We have a whirlpool with jets. Do you think it could be the jets? I feel like going in there and just pulling everything out and cleaning everything. I hate mold smells.
    Anonymous

• Check around the toilet tank, sometimes mold can form on the outside when it is damp. Check the window, too, sometimes that can start molding because of damp air condensing on the sill. Take everything out of the cabinets and check the floor and walls. After that, you may need to turn your attention to the subflooring. If there have been leaks, even inside the walls, from the plumbing or from water spillling on the floor, then it may have seeped into the subflooring. I hope not.

Answer by Bmat at 2:11 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I pull the drain plugs out and clean them and the drain itself with an old toothbrush. Perhaps there is accumulation on the plugs or inside the drains.

Answer by Bmat at 2:39 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• If you feel it is the whirlpool jet, try cleaning it using cascade intended for dishwashers.I do that occassionally and it really cleans the jets very well.
    dorny

Answer by dorny at 10:13 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Opps forgot to add.........you will need to actually fill the tub with water, add a couple of tsps, then run the jets for a bit !!! You should be pleased with the results. for more info try googleing cleaning jacuzzi tub with dishwasher detergent !
    dorny

Answer by dorny at 10:16 AM on Feb. 21, 2009