Is god nondenominational?

If you believe yes or no, what brings you to believe as you do?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 8:14 PM on Jul. 17, 2013 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe that all paths converge... religious, atheists, agnostics and so on. I think that people should follow their bliss. Whatever there is at the end...is either understanding of different beliefs or isn't there to begin with... sooo....
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:21 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• yes-
    i believe that God leads each of us down a specific path for a specific reason.
    even if that path is not to Believe in him
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 8:43 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• Ditto feralxat. I think that we each have different perceptions, needs, so on. Different teachers or paths are going to resonate with us differently. But I think that at the root of it all lies the same foundational message and the same Source.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:14 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• What SleepingBeautee said

I don't believe ther IS a God- but if it turned out that I'm wrong...that is the only way I could imagine God to be.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:18 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• I believe that God is not only nondenominational, but also nonspecifric to one religion. I believe in he death an resurrection of Jesus Christ, but I don't believe that what rings true for me is the only way God has ever appeared on the face of the earth. I wouldn't be surprised if in the end, after all the wars and all the needless loss of life that has come about in the name of religion, we will find out that all of the deities are truly the same one.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:48 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• What I believe is that the God of the bible is the Creator God who created everything and everyone so therefore He isn't of one denomination. No one is going to be absolutely correct all the time so therefore that rules out denominations who are made up of people.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 10:06 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• No , he is Almighty God
    countryglammer

Answer by countryglammer at 10:13 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• There is only One True God though
    countryglammer

• Although I do not believe in God, per se, I used to and really can identify with what some of the pp's have stated. "even if that path is not to Believe in him" resonates.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:20 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• Interesting that people say he's of no denomintation, yet so many denominations feel qualified to declare others who don't do it the "right" way are going to hell.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:27 PM on Jul. 17, 2013