What can I use to get dust off ceiling?

I am in the process of cleaning an old home. The ceiling is rough texture and piled with dust from the ceiling fan. What can I use to safely remove the dust. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Good question.... I would like to know also.
    I tried the broom and gross at all the little pieces flying around and plus it did not do a very good job.
    I thought about a damp mop but I have not tried that.
    JLynn0871

Answer by JLynn0871 at 2:14 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• The old fashion way,,The broom. Sweep the ceeling first then vacuum the floor.

Answer by louise2 at 2:19 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I use the brush tool and my vacuum cleaner- this way the dust isn't getting spread around. Other than this, I'd probably put a painter's mask on and a scarf on my hair and sweep and then damp mop. Then clean the rest of the room. But I think before I did this second method I'd put drop cloths over everything in the room, also.

Answer by Bmat at 3:02 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• if you don't have the vacuum with extensions use the broom but get a wet cloth ring most of the water out and tie it around the part that you sweep with. this should pick up most of the dust. with the mop i think it would be a little harder.
    nancygarza

Answer by nancygarza at 5:26 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I swiffer my ceiling all the time (dry swiffer). Open a window and mask your face when you do this. Dust can contain mold.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 6:53 PM on Feb. 18, 2009