Feral, to answer your question lol

"How did you come to choose that path?"

It's sort of funny really. I was raised Methodist but converted to Catholicism when I married. My ex left me and the girls in such a horrid state of destitution. Then, the Catholic church annulled our marriage so he could remarry his mistress in the church. I left all organized religion from that point.

Fast forward many years and I was really sort of plagued with anxiety and depression and a lot of bad shit and I really wanted to find some peace. A friend of mine, who always seemed so calm and joyful, was Buddhist. She gave me some books, answered some questions and I started my own personal study.

I love Buddhism because it is peaceful, rational, non focused on any deity AND my happiness is in my own hands. I'm not a great Buddhist.....I'm still working on it, but it's been great for me.

Mrs_Prissy

Asked by Mrs_Prissy at 10:06 PM on Jul. 17, 2013 in Religion & Beliefs

• I did get a chance to read it
    Thanks very interesting
    Side note
    Have we found an achilles heel?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:14 PM on Jul. 17, 2013

• Apparently so :)
    Mrs_Prissy

Comment by Mrs_Prissy (original poster) at 10:16 PM on Jul. 17, 2013