Super Survivors

My boyfriend has on some survival show where a man and a woman are left, stark naked, on a tropical island near Panama for 21 days. They have to find food and water, make fire, and brave snakes, stinging insects, crocodiles, and God knows what else, and then paddle a homemade raft out to a rescue ship to be picked up on the open ocean.

So, what would your one survival tool be? The lunatics on the show had to choose one. I think I'd want a shotgun with one bullet so I could just kill myself peacefully and get it over with!

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 3:08 AM on Jul. 18, 2013 in Just for Fun

• A machete.  I would so be burned on that show. I burn normally very easily

Answer by louise2 at 7:48 AM on Jul. 18, 2013

• my one survival tool is to avoid shows like that one. lol I've seen commercials for that and it just looks so stupid and ridiculous to me. Who the hell would find themselves totally naked and stranded? I just find it hard to believe. Plus, if it's the same one I'm thinking of, neither of them are very attractive, so who wants to see them naked anyway?

I guess I'd go with bug spray, if I had to be out somewhere in a survival situation. Or maybe a knife. I don't know; kind of a toss up.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:30 AM on Jul. 18, 2013

• LOL- I'm with you- I'd never make it. But if I was plunked down in the middle of nowhere, bug spray would be a must. A lighter if it's allowed. A knife or hatchet would help too.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:41 AM on Jul. 18, 2013

• A personal assistant! LOL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:33 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• ... neither of them are very attractive, so who wants to see them naked anyway?

I wouldn't know how attractive they were or weren't to begin with, but after they got sunburned, swollen up from sand fly bites, filthy from scrabbling around in the jungle and the ocean for three weeks--well, I can't imagine their appearances were improved any.
    Ballad

Comment by Ballad (original poster) at 1:11 PM on Jul. 18, 2013