A truly amazing explanation of what it is like to live with a cronic illness--no question, just a must-read.

Hopefully someone can make this link clicky because the esay is too long to cut and paste. I've tried to explain many times to people what it is like living with a disability or chronic illness--I have several--and this is the most accurate, practical, realistic way I've ever run across. My boyfriend sent it to me, and it really touched me that he could read it, understand a little, and send it to me.

http://www.inspire.com/groups/stop-sarcoidosis/discussion/the-spoon-theory-read-this-youll-be-glad-you-did/

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 3:25 AM on Jul. 18, 2013 in Health

• THANK YOU for posting that.

I read it and posted it on FB so family members can read it and hopefully understand what it is like for my husband every single day. He has a whole shopping list of illnesses including but not limited to fibromyalgia, chronic migraines with associated seizures, severe nerve damage from a spinal tumor, depression, and more.

I see the struggle he goes through every day and that even helped me understand better what I see.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:58 AM on Jul. 18, 2013

• mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:31 AM on Jul. 18, 2013

• I read this before in one of my chronic pain groups and it is pretty spot on for me with what I deal with on a daily basis.
    Nos4

Answer by Nos4 at 8:19 AM on Jul. 18, 2013

• A friend of mine who has had a lot of health problems posted this to her blog a while ago. I thought it was very clear and easy to explain to other people.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:28 AM on Jul. 18, 2013