Cat's out of the bag

so this morning i got some weird text message/facebook messenger thing on my phone from one of my friends. all it said was "i'd love to :)" so i had to look at it to see what she was talking about. i didnt remember texting her or anything so i was confused by her message. well it was a response to my mom who is throwing me a surprise birthday party this sunday and she invited her. i have my moms old phone so maybe somehow they're synced up or something? i feel bad that i know lol should i tell my mom i know or just act surprised? my mom is the overly sensitive type and she will be upset if she knows i know.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 8:41 AM on Jul. 18, 2013 in Relationships

• Just act surprised.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:42 AM on Jul. 18, 2013

• Pretend to be surprised. There's no point in getting your mom upset if she's the sensitive type. Try not to let it slip that you know.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:43 AM on Jul. 18, 2013

• Just walk in and be like omg this is awesome. Fake it :)
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 8:48 AM on Jul. 18, 2013

• This is your big chance to become the actress you've got living within you. You can do it. Surprise parties rarely are surprises. So I think most people pretend. Don't disappoint your mom.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:09 AM on Jul. 18, 2013

• Practice your act surprise look in the mirror, you can do this, do it for mom!

Answer by older at 9:45 AM on Jul. 18, 2013

• Pretend you don't know.

You could always hit yourself on the head to get amnesia - then you won't remember! :D Only kidding - just fake it the best you can. No need to get your mom all worked up.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:55 AM on Jul. 18, 2013

• Practice your surprised look.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:00 AM on Jul. 18, 2013

• Oh you HAVE to act surprised. Don't spoil the hard work in planning & the enjoyment of the people who love you, will get when they see the surprised look on your face. Stand in front of a mirror & practice the look, like SpiritedWitch said! You have til Sunday to get it right :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:05 AM on Jul. 18, 2013

• Pretend you don't know. Act surprised. I accidentally ruined a surprise party for my brother-in-law once because I replied to the wrong e-mail address to RSVP and he saw the note I sent to my sister. He told her he knew, and she was heartbroken. I was seriously pissed off at him. Maybe I ruined the surprise for him, but he ruined it for everybody else, especially my sister, because he couldn't keep his tongue behind his teeth and just go along with the surprise anyway. He had to blab for no good reason that I could figure out.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:01 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• Just act surprised. You could use a party.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 1:04 PM on Jul. 18, 2013