Has anyone made potato tacos?

I'm making a vegan dinner tonight for some friends of mine. Potato tacos with the trimmings: guacamole, pico de gallo, shredded red cabbage.. and a black bean and corn red lentil salad.

I'm just not sure how to actually cook the potatoes for the inside of tacos.. I would love for them to be crispy and golden without using too much oil. Any suggestions? Thanks!

anestheticsex

Asked by anestheticsex at 11:25 AM on Jul. 18, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Yes, I've had potato tacos, and many of the restaurants here serve them. I use baked potatoes, thencube them and fry them with just a touch of oil in a very hot skillet. Another vegan taco I like is soyrizo and potato tacos....yummy! Also, potato and pinto bean tacos.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:16 AM on Jul. 22, 2013

• josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:29 AM on Jul. 18, 2013

• You could bake them. bake until cooked in the middle, then stick them in the broiler or kick up the heat a bit to get them crunchy on the outside and then soft on the inside.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:50 AM on Jul. 18, 2013

• We use a cheese shredder to shred the potatoes and pan fry them with the refried beans.

Potato can be added as a filler to ground beef tacos too. Makes the meat go farther.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:10 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• I've never even heard of them. What do you do with them? Just season them however, or do you add taco seasoning?
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 12:00 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• I'm going to season them with garlic olive oil, minced garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt & pepper. Just use them in place of meat in regular tacos. :)
    anestheticsex

Comment by anestheticsex (original poster) at 12:02 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• Never heard of potato tacos, but you could also partially bake or parboil the potatoes, then quick fry them at the end so they get crispy.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:37 PM on Jul. 18, 2013