Can i mail a card to a patient having surgery ?

I have never heard of anyone doing it but thought it might get all shuffled up in the regular mail and it wouldn't get to them.

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 11:41 AM on Jul. 18, 2013 in Relationships

• It will get to them but the key is getting to to them prior to their discharge. I think it might be more successful if you send it to their home to be opened when they return.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 11:43 AM on Jul. 18, 2013

• It would be better to send it to their home. Or you could have flowers delivered, or call the hospital gift shop and have a small gift delivered.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:48 AM on Jul. 18, 2013

• I wrote regularly to my grandmother when she was in hospital ... I suppose it all depends on how long they will be in.
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 11:55 AM on Jul. 18, 2013

• I'd either send flowers with the card attached, or send it to their home. You don't know for sure when they'll be discharged, and you don't know how the hospital delivers mail, it might get there one day but not be delivered to the patient until the next or something. With flowers, you can tell them exactly when you want them delivered.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 11:59 AM on Jul. 18, 2013

• Many hospitals disallow flowers on certain floors. I found that out when I tried to send a bouquet to someone who had back surgery last year. You might consider Mylar balloons--latex ones usually aren't allowed because of allergies--instead of flowers, or just send a get-well card to the person's home.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:33 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• it will get to them
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 7:36 PM on Jul. 18, 2013