First overnight trip with husband and he invites his best friend?

So we have been married nine years, my husband has a best friend that lives in reno, nv. he goes to see about once a year. In fact he is going to see him for a week on the 12th of august. when they get together they go to clubs, guys stuff once in a while strip clubs. any way i have been a stay at home mom for 9 years, and i have never got to just go out with my friend for an overnight fun trip without the girls.
so we finally live near family and my sister agreed to watch the girls while we go to vegas for three days two nights. our first overnight couple trip and suddenly he invites his friend to meet us there. I didnt see all the conversation but say a text saying we could all share a room.
I was thinking this was a time we could connect and do stuff together.. i dont know if his friend is bringing his wife, but i feel like the trip is gonna be more about him and his best friend then me and him.... what are your thoughts? .

NaiveDream

Asked by NaiveDream at 1:43 PM on Jul. 18, 2013 in Relationships

• I can't believe he invited his friend to share a hotel room. Has he talked to you about this?

I think I would buy a sexy nightie and make sure he saw me packing it. I would also drop some hints or actually come out and tell him things I would plan to do to him on our romantic getaway.

I can understand him wanting to spend time with his friend, but he really needs to spend time with his wife as well. It sounds to me like you need to have a conversation with him about your expectations of this trip. Maybe suggest that he spend a little bit of time with his friend while you shop or check out a show and then have dinner with the friend and friend's wife. But that you both need this time to connect as a couple without kids or anyone else.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 10:41 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• I think you should convey your expectations of this trip to him.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:47 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• Brokeback Mountain.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 1:51 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• Did he even bother to metnion it to you before inviting the friend?

good greif. I understand him wanting the friend to go too- but he should not have just invited him like that.
    Sounds like you two need to chat
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:50 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• Sounds like you're not getting the fair share of the deal.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 2:00 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• WTF? I wild be really uncomfortable sharing a room with my DH's friend. That's kinda fucked up. I would tell him as much.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:30 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• I wouldn't be happy. Have you spoken to your husband about what you were hoping to get out of the trip for just the two of you?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:34 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• I'd just be honest and tell him you would like it to be just the two of you.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 2:21 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• no he did not mention it before and still hasn't said anything about it,,,He was texting to his friend last night,,.so maybe ill find out today when he gets back from work.
    NaiveDream

Comment by NaiveDream (original poster) at 1:54 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• Better say something quick or else you will have a roommate in your hotel.
    I found out from my husbands friend that the friend was planning on moving in with us for a few months. I asked DH and he said yeah I thought we could help him out with a place to stay. I said uh Nope, I don't feel comfortable with this guy being here. What am I supposed to cook his meals and do his laundry? The guy has never lived away from his mommy so I don't see how he would expect anything else. So after talking with my DH the friend never moved in.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:59 PM on Jul. 18, 2013