Is this suspicious?

I found a woman's hair clip in dh's car. I am absolutely certain that it is not mine (i dont use tgat kind and my hair is too short). I asked him about it (calmly) and he said he has no idea where it came from. He named two bald men he had given rides to recently and then went back to not knowing where it came from. He wasn't curious to see it, didn't ask where in the car it was, and had no suggestions for how it got there.

Is this weird or am I being paranoid?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Jul. 18, 2013 in Relationships

• It's weird....
    Daughters? Mother in law? Sisters? Aunts?

If you can rule all of those out, he has some 'splainin' to do!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:43 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• I find it odd but not necessarily suspicious.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:43 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• Maybe he just puts them on when you're not around to feel girly.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 2:45 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• I don't think you are being paranoid, but then I did have a husband that cheated on me. I ignored the clues until he started not coming home. I began snooping, and in his briefcase I found love notes, and a letter written by the slut,  with a divorce lawyer's name and phone number and how he could get away with not paying child support. I know a lot of people say don't snoop, I say absolutely snoop.

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 2:52 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• "Maybe he just puts them on when you're not around to feel girly."

You win the internets
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 2:59 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• besides the hair clip
    ANY other reason now or in past not to trust him?

to me - suspicious, but i was married to a cheater
    if you have NEVER had a reason to distrust him, trust him now
    if you have had issues with him in past- then suspicious
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:04 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• Is it a used car? Sometimes you find odd things in those. Is this your first clue or is it just confirming suspicions you already have?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:22 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• I would find it very suspicious, but like others, I was married to a cheater. lol

The question is - do YOU have reasons, other than this, to not trust HIM? Doesn't matter what we would all think, what matters is you and him. If you have other reasons, or this alone is enough to raise suspicion in you, then you need to look into it some more. If you're going to snoop, though, do it before you go to him again, because once you start asking questions, he knows you're suspicious and will start covering his tracks and getting rid of anything that might show what he's been up to.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 3:23 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• You know him best.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 3:24 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• Do you generally jump to the most illogical explanation you can think of or do you try to rule out obvious answers first such as daughter, sister, family member, etc.?
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:32 PM on Jul. 18, 2013