How do u get over a guy who u loved since high school( wasnt that long ago) who didnt really treat you right?? why do i still love him

my daughter loves him to pieces and he is the dad of my new baby boy. we have so much history

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Jul. 18, 2013 in Pregnancy

• So you want your daughter to grow up to be treated the same way? Children learn about relationships by what they see at home. So if this guy was an ass, she'll grow up thinking that it's ok for men to treat her that way.
    If that's not a good enough reason to get over him, I don't know what is.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:49 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• yea ure right
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:51 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• in response to PartyGal's answer...

My mother had the most amazing husband and father for us kids. My dad was awesome and for some reason the guys that I ended up with were crap!! I think it all boils down to choices and I made some bad ones.

I think in time you will be able to get over him. But I do know that if you choose to keep him around nothing will probably change. You can't change someone who doesn't want to. Don't stay for the kids. That's not a wise choice.
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 2:54 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• But goofygal- you KNEW the difference. You knew what a real man was because you saw one growing up.
    This little girl won't have a chance for that.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:02 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• i left this guy.. i broke up with him. i just still have feelings for him
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:03 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• Sweetie, if there was a sure fire way to "get over" someone, there's be no love songs, no sappy movies... You live and you learn.
    Make sure you prove paternity and get child support.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:06 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• i will im gonna send u a personal message so we can talk
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:07 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• you just had his baby?...so you are in love with the idea of who he could be and NOT him

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:07 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• no im still pregnant with my boy.. my daughter isnt his.. my son is
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:09 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• It's easy to fall in lovewith the person you want someone to be. Bu if this man has showed you that he isn't going to live up to your expectations, then for the sake of both of your children, you just have to get over him. Fake it till you make it. Act as if you are over him, and eventually, your emotions will catch up with reality.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:18 PM on Jul. 18, 2013