Who wants to trade kids with me for the afternoon?

They're fighting like cats and dogs today. Well, actually, they were up till a few minutes ago.

He's mad because he doesn't want her looking over his shoulder while he builds a puzzle.

She's mad because he won't let her watch him do the puzzle.

He's mad because she asked him to get her some water and didn't say please.

She's mad because he took a strawberry from the big bowl of them she was eating.

He's mad because he and his dad won't be going to the drag races tomorrow since the weather report is calling for wind, rain, and thunderstorms.

She's mad because he has turned down going to a movie or a restaurant instead.

He's mad because I told him to quit banging on the wall, and before he stops, he knocks down a picture.

She's mad because the picture could have broken, even if it didn't, and he shouldn't touch her stuff.

Now they've quit fighting and they're back to being best buds, building a pirateship with chairs and sheets in the living room.

Aaaaagh! We'll see who gets sunk!

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 3:04 PM on Jul. 18, 2013 in General Parenting

• I'd trade you, but mine aren't much better right now.

She's mad because he won't listen to her endless babble.
    He's mad because she's kissing HER pokemon cards.
    She's mad because he's bossing her around.
    He's mad because she's not obeying his every command.

Hey, what if I traded you my 9 year old with Asperger's for your 5 year old? Think that would work?
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:27 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• No way! We were at the pool for a couple hours getting energy out. Now my 15 yo is reading on his kindle, my 13 yo and 4 yo are playing Legos, my 12 yo is cleaning her room and my 2 yo is sleeping. Quiet!

Answer by missanc at 3:07 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• Keep them lol that was my house yesterday ahhh
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 3:09 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• Oh Lordy! I adore you, but no way do I want to trade! Lol!

Mine little one is watching Netflix cartoons and extra quiet today.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 3:11 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• Sorry, but mine are all grown and I have the house to myself. I know that sounds selfish, and it is, but I've been shucking, cleaning and freezing corn today in absolute silence! That's what you have to look forward to!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:18 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• I won't trade, but you can send them on over. Of course it will take them a good long while to get here lol.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:27 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• No thanks. I like my status of only one child.
    Anonymous

• No thank-you! My boys are off working & my dau just joined her daddy in the pool. I get an a/c house to myself for a few :) How many weeks til school starts?! lol :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:40 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• It's mind-blowing how they can fight like tigers one second, be best buds the next, and then be fighting again a minute after that.
    Ballad

Comment by Ballad (original poster) at 3:54 PM on Jul. 18, 2013