Password age??

im trying to do something on my college website and i need to update my password manager, by making a new password. each one ive tried to create it keeps telling me that my password must meet the age requirements of the system: minimum password age: 1.

what the hell is a password age? for the record some of the ones i tried i never used before.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 3:14 PM on Jul. 18, 2013 in Money & Work

• Have you used the old password yet? In some systems a password age is a personal setting of how many times the password has to be used before it can be changed. Default may be 1.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:17 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• I've never heard of that in this sense. I know some systems are set up that once a password's been used beyond a certain "age" (used for 6 months, or a year, or something like that), you have to change it, and you can't use one that you already used within the last X months/weeks.

Do they have some kind of technical support number you can call or something and ask someone?
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 3:19 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• yes they do, but i just got off the live chat with them asking for something else LOL. i feel like a total moron. i was hoping to get the answer here but it really makes no sense.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 3:25 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• Or it could be the number of days the old password has to be in use before a new password can be established...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:20 PM on Jul. 18, 2013