Mushrooms

So I bought mushrooms today I have all different kinds of meat. What should I do with them I've never cooked with them before.

skinnyslokita

Asked by skinnyslokita at 3:18 PM on Jul. 18, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Slice then saute them with sliced onion, salt, pepper, a little bit of balsamic vinegar at the end and serve it over grilled steaks.. Mmm.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 3:20 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• What kind of meat do you want to serve?
    Do you want the mushrooms as a side dish, appetizer/ first course or a sauce, or incorporated into the maine dish?

Big rule do not wash them, wipe wiih a damp cloth.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:25 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• MMM love mushrooms!
    dice up some onion and sweat them in a little butter or olive oil until they are tender, then add diced garlic and the mushrooms and cook them with some salt and pepper until the mushrooms are nice and done, then I serve them right on top of steak.

I also take a whole mushroom and stuff it with a mix of cream cheese and cheddar cheese and bake in the oven about 10minutes on 350
    Or I will cook the mushrooms as I stated above with mushrooms and garlic, then roll out a sheet of puff pastry, place the mushrooms and mozzarella cheese on top, then roll it al up and bake until the puff pastry is done and it makes a tasty mushroom strudel. I love mushrooms.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:30 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• Dard I'm not sure I've never cooked with them before and honestly only hd them on pizza. I'm just looking for any ideas and whatever sounds the best ill try. How do I know if they re cooked no can you over cook them?
    skinnyslokita

Comment by skinnyslokita (original poster) at 3:36 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• Or I will cook the mushrooms as I stated above with mushrooms and garlic, then roll out a sheet of puff pastry, place the mushrooms and mozzarella cheese on top, then roll it al up and bake until the puff pastry is done and it makes a tasty mushroom strudel. I love mushrooms.

That sounds delicious :)
    skinnyslokita

Comment by skinnyslokita (original poster) at 3:37 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• They're also great raw in a salad.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:50 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• I saute them in butter. You can overcook them. I cook them until they are soft and kind of floppy. They change color. They will release water, and when the pan liquid is almost gone is when i call them done.

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 4:50 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• I like them stuffed and baked. I will stuff them with a little goat cheese and herbs and bake but wrapped in pastry is very nice too and these are great with a salad.
    I slice them fresh on a salad.
    If I m having beef, such as a steak or roast I like to slice them and sprinkle them with garlic and salt and sauté in a bit of butter and poor over the meat when serving.
    I like the same recipe with a white sauce over noodles
    or just this with a little olive oil over noodle and parm

I love mushrooms in stir fry. Cut any meat into very small bites and season and set aside. You can chop whatever vegies you have or like into bite sized pieces and set in separate bowls.
    Start your rice and when you are really only a few minute from the rice being done, heat your skillet on high and add your oil. Wait a sec and add the onions and garlic and sauté quickly. remove the meat and add the mushrooms in a single layer and saute
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 6:50 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• add the vegies according to how long it takes to cook. You may need a tad bit more oil. So you might add carrots for a minute and then green peppers and celery and then after a minute the squash and maybe sprouts or shredded cabbage stirring the whole time. You may want to splash in a little water or soy and cover after the cabbage goes in. On minute and then toss the meat back in and add the soy sauce and just heat the meat up
    I personally like ginger and orange sauce instead and with that you would add the ginger to the meat mixture when cooking and add the orange juice as a splash instead of the soy sauce.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 6:55 PM on Jul. 18, 2013

• Saute with olive oil,marsala cooking wine and add steak drippings.
    morebee7

Answer by morebee7 at 12:48 AM on Jul. 20, 2013